The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Needed A New Bench Boss

6 minutes ago, hockeybaby said:

Yeah, but it doesn't stop me praying they lose BIG time.

Except I loathe the Evil Empire MUCH more

5 hours ago, hockeybaby said:

Yeah, but it doesn't stop me praying they lose BIG time.

The Washington Capitals are my favorite NHLteam  currently playing.  Until the 2nd round is over, anyway.

Our current situation with Dundon reminds me of when Notre Dame hired Gerry Faust  to spearhead the Irish. He was a High School coach at  Moeller  High School and guided the Crusaders to a 178–23–2 record. He then guided the Irish  to a  30–26–1 record.  Very sub par for a major college football program.  Tommy, please, a high school coach will not work in the NHL: Experience matters.

remember  when we had lavi ? those were great times indeed .   any who  i would want who ever our next gm  be the one choosing who the coach will be for the canes  going forward .    i had mixed feeling of bill peters ,  why he would play darling  so much  when  he was clearly not fit for this team  and perhaps if we had ward in net more this season we might of made the playoffs , but might not who knows.   either way you look at it on paper , we need a coach that understands how to work with players but get results in a game that brings out the best in their skill sets .   we need a coach that understands  what  player needs to excel  in this league and  how to get the best out of them .  most teams  dont try a all out  system that demands every player play a two way style of hockey .   some coaches   know that is not meant for everybody .    that being said  look at what we do have ,,   we have play makers  , snipers ,   stay at home defense men ,  some two way guys for offense and defense  ,  and we  also have  guy  that can play wrecking crew ,   i think  our next gm will understand  what it takes to win  but for the most part  will be held responsible if they under perform , kinda like our old coach lavi  !

• Like 1