Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hopper915

Charlotte Checkers Playoffs

Recommended Posts

Although the article provides a link for radio broadcast, I get this message (as I did last series when I tried to listen).

This stream has been temporarily disabled, by the broadcaster, due to content that cannot be streamed. This can include sporting events, syndicated programming, or anything else that is not allowed to be streamed.

 

Anyone know of a legit online link that works? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hopper915 said:

CHECKERS WIN Game 2, 6-0.

Nedeljkovic pitches a shut-out!

Goals by Samuelsson, Gauthier, Kuokkanen(2), Zykov and Wallmark.

 

https://theahl.com/stats/game-summary/1018294

 

Chex were 4/8 on the power play; Koukkanen's two were both PP tallies; Zykov and Gauthier cashed on PPs, as well.

 

Miller, Poturalski andCarrick each had two assists. Ned stopped all 26 shots he faced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More and more I see this team's performance, the more I'm convinced Vellucci needs to be the Canes next coach for 2 reasons. !st is obvious, he's got 1st hand knowledge of the youth, and we al suspect that several will move up this year.

 

2nd, he obviously is a good coach, with experience, and with apologies to Brind'Amour, I think he gets the job done even though Brindy, I believe will one day also.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

More and more I see this team's performance, the more I'm convinced Vellucci needs to be the Canes next coach for 2 reasons. !st is obvious, he's got 1st hand knowledge of the youth, and we al suspect that several will move up this year.

 

2nd, he obviously is a good coach, with experience, and with apologies to Brind'Amour, I think he gets the job done even though Brindy, I believe will one day also.

Samuelsson did a decent job last season with the Checkers as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im really surprised we are giving new guys playing time in the 2nd round of a tied series.  If we were up 3-0 or down 0-3 then I could see it.  IDK he must be killing it in practice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Im really surprised we are giving new guys playing time in the 2nd round of a tied series.  If we were up 3-0 or down 0-3 then I could see it.  IDK he must be killing it in practice.

 

I was thinking the same thing . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 OTs and they lost.  Longest game in AHL history.  Put up 90+ shots and only scored 1 goal.  Series over.  It’s hard enough recovering from down 3-1 but to recover after losing a 5 OT game?  Isn’t happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Tough way to lose a game

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prior to tonight, the longest game in AHL history was on April 24, 2008 (82:58). Like in this game, the Philadelphia Flyers’ affiliate defeated the Carolina Hurricanes’ affiliate … Alex Lyon’s 94 saves were just short of the league record of 98 saves set by former Checkers goaltender Michael Leighton in that game 2008 game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering. Seems like we were on a roll there, 1st round blitz, and coming away 1 and 1 playing the Phantoms at home, coming to an arena where we have been dominant this year for sure. Then 2 game fall, granted with a valiant effort yesterday. By coincidence Brindy is chosen as next Canes HC, and Vellucci appears overlooked. Now I know, we aren't privy to Vellucci's desire to coach in NHL, but hmmmm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

I'm wondering. Seems like we were on a roll there, 1st round blitz, and coming away 1 and 1 playing the Phantoms at home, coming to an arena where we have been dominant this year for sure. Then 2 game fall, granted with a valiant effort yesterday. By coincidence Brindy is chosen as next Canes HC, and Vellucci appears overlooked. Now I know, we aren't privy to Vellucci's desire to coach in NHL, but hmmmm?

 

Hmm, kinda conspiracy theory-ish.  Gotta ask: is this really Kjun posting or did Top hack his account? :lol:

Edited by LakeLivin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...