Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Message Board Update

Recommended Posts

A Message Board Update is scheduled for Tuesday April 24th. The exact time has not been determined. The Message Board will be off-line for approximately 20 minutes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete and partial text quotes are still available from what I can tell. Maybe it was temporarily disabled during the update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

do you know why the feature of quoting the selected text seems disappeared? Or it is only me?

 

Testing, as per above works for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have my laptop restarted - still doesn't work. Are there specific system/software requirements?

And you understand what I am talking about: when you selected a piece of text in somebody's post, a pop-up "Quote" button appears next to selection...

Do you have this working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caniac 514, after you highlight the text make sure you let up on the mouse or touch pad. and sometimes you  Sometimes you need to move the cursor away from the text a little.

After you have highlighted the text the quote box should pop up. It is now a white box outlined in black as in the image posted previously.

 

What browser are you using?

What operating system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow..too many emoji s. Our old ones are all the way at the bottom or sorted by clicking Categories and the Emoticons

??‍♂️

??☘️?⛱️⚠️

 

:facepalm2:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Caniac 514, after you highlight the text make sure you let up on the mouse or touch pad. and sometimes you  Sometimes you need to move the cursor away from the text a little.

After you have highlighted the text the quote box should pop up. It is now a white box outlined in black as in the image posted previously.

 

What browser are you using?

What operating system?

Tried as described, sorry, no quote box appeared. I have Win 7 with IE11 in my laptop. It's company one though, I wonder if any settings are in conflict now after update...

Gonna check at home with Win7 and Firefox.

Will appreciate any other advices :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Wow..too many emoji s. Our old ones are all the way at the bottom or sorted by clicking Categories and the Emoticons

??‍♂️

??☘️?⛱️⚠️

 

:facepalm2:

 

I see the same number of emoticons, as before - 128.

Wait, that update didn't happen to me? :o 

Edited by Caniac514

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK gotta check out the emojis. Woah.

 

?. Can make the emojiis bigger by clicking on them and changing the font size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, remkin said:

Can make the emojiis bigger by clicking on them and changing the font size.

When I click on the emoji, it is inserted in the message.

I can increase it by dragging corners, as for any other image. Font size change doesn't work.

Something happened to me (or didn't) :facepalm2:  

:pullhair:  I can post at least :)

 

Edited by Caniac514

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Caniac514 said:

When I click on the emoji, it is inserted in the message.

I can increase it by dragging corners, as for any other image. Font size change doesn't work.

Something happened to me (or didn't) :facepalm2:  

:pullhair:  I can post at least :)

 

Just a guess but have you tried clearing your cache and maybe removing an cookies pertaining to the site? Never hurts to try!  (Just sayin')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slapshot02 said:

For some reason the like button doesn't work for me.

 

Do you see it when you hover your cursor over it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OBXer said:

 

Do you see it when you hover your cursor over it?

Yes, when I click it I see a half black circle behind the thumbs up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slapshot02 said:

Yes, when I click it I see a half black circle behind the thumbs up.

 

Alright. then when you click on it it doesn't do anything?

I just reset it. See if it works now

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OBXer said:

 

Alright. then when you click on it it doesn't do anything?

I just reset it. See if it works now

No, same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you saying when you double click it does work?

 

What browser and operating system are you using?  example firefox win10

 

Try clicking like on this post?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...