The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Message Board Update

2 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Yes it works when I double click. I have win10

At least it works. I have noticed I need to hover over the icon a couple of seconds before I click it.

I will let IP support know that the reaction icon is working slowly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OBXer said:

At least it works. I have noticed I need to hover over the icon a couple of seconds before I click it.

I will let IP support know that the reaction icon is working slowly

No problem,just never saw the black circle before when clicking it once.

• Like 1

Just a guess but have you tried clearing your cache and maybe removing an cookies pertaining to the site? Never hurts to try!  (Just sayin')

Thank you, Goalieman. Just did - nothing changed.

Just noticed this last night, but wanted to see if I could confirm today.

I've set up the forums to report if there are any unread messages since the last time I signed in. The past few times I've signed in, it's telling me there are no new posts, but I know for sure there are, since I can look at the "Activity" tab and see posts that have been made since I logged in last night - and they're showing with the title in bold, as they should if they're unread.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, JonKerfoot said:

Just noticed this last night, but wanted to see if I could confirm today.

I've set up the forums to report if there are any unread messages since the last time I signed in. The past few times I've signed in, it's telling me there are no new posts, but I know for sure there are, since I can look at the "Activity" tab and see posts that have been made since I logged in last night - and they're showing with the title in bold, as they should if they're unread.

Any ideas?

Tell me what browser and operating system you are using

2 hours ago, OBXer said:

Tell me what browser and operating system you are using

Happens on two different OSes. Tried it first on the PC running Win 7 Pro 64-bit, with the latest version of Firefox as the browser.

Got the same result on a Mac Pro running OS X 10.11.6, also with the latest version of Firefox (59.0.2) as the browser. I haven't tried Safari yet, since there was a new update for it recently that I just downloaded.

1 minute ago, JonKerfoot said:

Happens on two different OSes. Tried it first on the PC running Win 7 Pro 64-bit, with the latest version of Firefox as the browser.

Got the same result on a Mac Pro running OS X 10.11.6, also with the latest version of Firefox (59.0.2) as the browser. I haven't tried Safari yet, since there was a new update for it recently that I just downloaded.

Alright thanks. I will see what I can find out. When you say you set up the forums to report new messages. How did you do that?

3 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Alright thanks. I will see what I can find out. When you say you set up the forums to report new messages. How did you do that?

Activity tab, then My Activity Streams (I think that's what it's called), hit the button at the bottom labeled "Create New Stream". Named it UnreadSinceLastVisit, it gave me drop-down lists of checkboxes to designate what I wanted to see, etc.

Let me see if I can get a screenshot.

2 minutes ago, JonKerfoot said:

UnreadSinceLastVisit.JPG

Ok I got it. Let me send it off to IT and see what they say. I'm just wondering if you set it up again if it might work

1 hour ago, OBXer said:

Ok I got it. Let me send it off to IT and see what they say. I'm just wondering if you set it up again if it might work

Well, of course, once I posted to this topic, it seems to work again.

Don't mind me. :Aarrg:

7 hours ago, JonKerfoot said:

Well, of course, once I posted to this topic, it seems to work again.

Don't mind me. :Aarrg:

The Murphy Law Enforcement Unit was assuring that all laws were followed with regard to JonKerfoot's activities.  ?‍♂️

Please note if you are using an older version of IE as your browser the new features on the message board are not supported. Even IE 11 has limits. Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome do support the board features.

OBXer

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wxray1 said:

The Murphy Law Enforcement Unit was assuring that all laws were followed with regard to JonKerfoot's activities.  ?‍♂️

I'm just calling it "operator error" and leaving it at that....

On 4/27/2018 at 4:13 PM, JonKerfoot said:

I'm just calling it "operator error" and leaving it at that....

Nope, nope, nope. Still not working. Curiously, there is an "Unread" activity, which does work. I modified my UnreadSinceLastVisit to use a definite humber of days (not "since last visit") and that seems to work.

Maybe the forums don't want to remember me.... ???

15 minutes ago, JonKerfoot said:

I modified my UnreadSinceLastVisit to use a definite humber of days (not "since last visit") and that seems to work.

Watch it a day or two and see what happens. I don't get why it would work and then not work

2 hours ago, OBXer said:

Watch it a day or two and see what happens. I don't get why it would work and then not work

Well, the only thing I can think of is that once, by accident, I didn't uncheck the "remember me" on the sign-in drop-down. Would that have any bearing on whether the forum software would remember when I last signed on?

Or, maybe it's because I'm checking the forums from two different computers, depending on what I'm doing? Different IP addresses and all that....

3 minutes ago, JonKerfoot said:

Or, maybe it's because I'm checking the forums from two different computers, depending on what I'm doing? Different IP addresses and all that.

I think it would be more the browser than the IP.

If it is any help I have my own custom stream that does the exact same thing (why isn't that a default stream, btw, what other stream would people want?).

Mine still works fine.

• Like 1