The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Derailed75

The official/unofficial WWYD? Thread

I didn't realize he was 35, I just picked a great #1.   My bad.

I should have said, are there any goalies you would trade the #2 pick for?  That is the heart of my question.  Because I believe fixing goalie is more important than this pick, as painful as it is to contemplate losing the #2 pick.

Personally I would not trade that #2 pick for anything anyone would offer. But then I've been fired as GM, so it doesn't really matter....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hag65 said:

I didn't realize he was 35, I just picked a great #1.   My bad.

I should have said, are there any goalies you would trade the #2 pick for?  That is the heart of my question.  Because I believe fixing goalie is more important than this pick, as painful as it is to contemplate losing the #2 pick.

hmmmmm.  I want to say Price at 30-40% retained but he has injury issues.  But i would rather overpay in current assets than give up the number 2.  If we had number 2 last year, I would be more willing.  Also the number 2 pick solves a big issues for us: goal scoring and RW.  

• Like 1

I know the answer will be "I would keep the #2 and trade other stuff and get a great goalie".  

That's the easy answer.  What if you either trade it or you have to stick with an unproven #2 because no one will trade for anything else?  Or roll with HSSD (Head Sieve Scott Darling)

I'm not trading this year's #2 for a goalie.  I'd rather roll with Ward, Ned, and Mongo for a year and fix goalie the following year before giving up Svech.  But I've got to believe there are other options available.  I'll let the "committee" figure out what they are since they didn't see fit to hire me as GM (and I'd have worked at a rate even less than what they're paying Waddell!)