The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dinz

Francis

Has it been mentioned, Francis contract has been terminated, saw it on Facebook, not sure if this is fake news.

Not fake news

Thanks for doing an exemplary job of replenishing the cupboard.  He couldn't make the move to fix the here and now, but the future is a good 4 shades brighter than it was when he took over.

Shall we start the poll on when will Francis be hired by the Pittsburgh Penguins and what the role might be?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Thanks for doing an exemplary job of replenishing the cupboard.  He couldn't make the move to fix the here and now, but the future is a good 4 shades brighter than it was when he took over.

Shall we start the poll on when will Francis be hired by the Pittsburgh Penguins and what the role might be?

Assistant GM to JR?

For Francis to be terminated and not allowed to go out his way after everything he's done for the team I'm guessing he told Tom Dundon to stick something bad in a even worse place.

31 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

Or he was poison.  When you demote someone like that you get rid of them asap.   Otherwise, they poison the work environment. 

Well, thats a strong word, i say that TD and JR didnt agree on some things.

3 minutes ago, dinz said:

Well, thats a strong word, i say that TD and JR didnt agree on some things.

Usually it's what happens though regardless of ones character.   We are all human and have feelings.

16 minutes ago, OBXer said:

The way this played out stinks.

I agree! It saddens me to see a class act like Ron Francis treated this way. Bill Peters was lucky he was able to walk away on his own. I hope we have a GM soon but don’t think good quality applicants are eager to work for TD.  Thanks for all you did Ronnie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

For Francis to be terminated and not allowed to go out his way after everything he's done for the team I'm guessing he told Tom Dundon to stick something bad in a even worse place.

I'd like to think that either a team expressed interest in him or RF expressed interest in talking to other teams and Dundon didn't want his contract to be in the way of anything.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OBXer said:

The way this played out stinks.

It does but we all knew he would be leaving. Once he was removed as the GM it was just a matter of time. Not even sure what his role was as President of Operations?? In recent days it has been stated he was focusing on the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.  I'm sure it is coincidental that he left right after the hockey gods gave us a gift of the no 2 slot. Could there have been any internal discussions regarding what the options were with the pick and disagreements followed? 

Maybe the Canes needed to cut permanent ties for a new Pres of Hockey Ops?  IMO, none of this stinks, its just business when somebody forks out to buy a team.  Nobody held Ronnie's arm behind his back and forced him to take a job where he would be fired some day.   Many of us mentioned the same at the time he was hired.  

Dundon says hi NHL.

• Image result for rodney dangerfield

Edited by coastal_caniac
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Maybe the Canes needed to cut permanent ties for a new Pres of Hockey Ops?  IMO, none of this stinks, its just business when somebody forks out to buy a team.  Nobody held Ronnie's arm behind his back and forced him to take a job where he would be fired some day.   Many of us mentioned the same at the time he was hired.  

Dundon says hi NHL.

• Image result for rodney dangerfield

Taking calls at a Top Golf Facility

Related image

• Like 1

I thought they eased him out by creating the make work job, as a sign of respect. But then he was either asked or requested to work from home and then gone. All part of the moving sidewalk to not being employed. Today did seem a little anticlimactic though. Maye it was planned to go this way, maybe things just got to weird. Who knows?

I do wonder if him being around affected potential GM hires. It's odd enough to be part of the GM committee, but to have the last GM on that committee would be even stranger.

He was a class act, and he did a good job in phase I of the rebuild, but he just could not get out of that phase.

• Like 1

Meh, Ronnie's a big boy.  He took a job where 95% of the people get fired eventually (like coaches).  New owner buys the team that hasn't made the playoffs in almost a decade, and the GM basically soils the bed at the trade deadline as the team quit on him, the coach, the organization, the owner, and the fans.  Do I feel sorry for him?  Not so much

Hey everybody, we got the #2 pick.

giphy.gif

Edited by super_dave_1
  • Like 4

So where does all this leave us?

A new owner who knows nothing about hockey

No Coach

No GM

Draft and FA coming soon.

I think this is an organization in a state of disarray.  Hope something comes together soon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, g105 said:

No Coach

No GM

I think this is an organization in a state of disarray.  Hope something comes together soon.

Pretty sure Waddell is setting himself up as coach, GM, and backup goalie....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, g105 said:

No Coach

No GM

Suddenly, the GM and coaching jobs look a little more interesting

Coaches and GMs very rarely go out on their own terms. Even Tom Landry got fired. If Ronnie didn't have such a long history with this team, this wouldn't seem so stinky. Eventually, Brindy will get fired. That's the big risk of hiring a fan favorite for a coaching or management job.