The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dinz

Francis

It has never been about the why but the how it was done. I suspect our respect for Canadian journalists and hockey knowledge is too far apart to bridge the gap. That's ok we all make up our own minds. We now have new people in at least some of the committee chairs and time for me to focus on what they can do for us.

Francis wore out the drop ceiling flinging pencils into it daily and was denied extending his tab at Backyard Bistro for lack of job security. Had no choice but to change his venue and work from home. Could have avoided it all if he had resigned the day he got stripped of his GM duties. 

1 hour ago, OBXer said:

how it was done.

I kinda understand your feelings OBXer, but really how better do you think it could be done? Did you think of a farewell ceremony? The guy wasn't retiring, he was fired mainly for underachieving as we assume, and new owner/org did it gradually (i.e. with enough respect IMO considering circumstances and that TD has no attachments to Ron unlike fanbase for example). I saw big people in the corp. left way faster and simpler. I would agree with raleighcaniac - he might be better to resign than drag himself through. I also feel a bit awkward, but let's move on...

Edited by Caniac514
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, raleighcaniac said:

Could have avoided it all if he had resigned the day he got stripped of his GM duties.

It could of been avoided if Dundon fired him and pony up the money he owed him instead of playing this game to ultimately fire him and pony up the money he owed him

But that's how I see it and maybe Dundon believes there is no bad publicity

31 minutes ago, OBXer said:

It could of been avoided if Dundon fired him and pony up the money he owed him instead of playing this game to ultimately fire him and pony up the money he owed him

How does this change anything?  

Maybe in Dundon's mind, he thought Francis could be part of his committee and wanted to keep him as an asset.  I'm assuming Francis wanted nothing to do with that because of the way it has panned out.  I don't see where the news of all this has been damaging.

I don't really care how it was done. I don't know Francis personally so it's no big deal. Seriously, how many of you know him personally and are going to go have a drink with him to chat about it? He was a great player, seems like a great guy and ambassador for the sport and got the respect he deserved as a great player. He got the same respect he deserved as a hockey exec.....which isn't much. He was decent, but not great. He's a grown man in a high level business position. Guys like that get fired all the time. I'm pretty sure Ron Francis isn't sitting at home complaining about how bad he was treated by this franchise. They gave him what he deserved. They retired his number and celebrated his playing career. His career as a hockey exec wasn't really much to celebrate. Sounds harsh, I know, but am I REALLY supposed to feel bad for Ron Francis?     

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Altaholic said:

I'm pretty sure Ron Francis isn't sitting at home complaining about how bad he was treated

Since he didn't resign and forced Dundon to fire him he has a lot of change to buy  beer to cry in. ?

• Like 1