The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hopper915

Brind'Amour New Head Coach

Not my first choice either but I'm behind him and wish him success! Can't wait to see all of the facial expressions as a head coach.

• Like 1

Im surprised but not surprised at the same time. 

What I expect with him as coach:

A rigorous workout regiment

Hard nosed corner and physical play

New coach mistakes

I would have rather had an experience HC with all the new guys coming to the team over the next few seasons.  Oh well.

• Like 1

Just now, slapshot02 said:

Of course you do.I wouldn't expect anything else.

Hey I just want to go on record for stating it.  Rod forced TD's hand.  We should have gone with a proven coach this time around.  Starting to seem a lot like our goaltender situation.  I hope he does well.

1 minute ago, bluedevil58 said:

Hey I just want to go on record for stating it.  Rod forced TD's hand.  We should have gone with a proven coach this time around.  Starting to seem a lot like our goaltender situation.  I hope he does well.

I don't think anyone especially Rod can force TD's hand. Rod wasn't my first pick either but it's far from " A very bad move"

I don't like it because it seems like not enough of a culture change.  Brindy has been in the locker room for quite a while.  Seems like more of the same.  I hope I'm wrong.

edit: Can't wait for the gnashing of teeth about his eventual classless firing.

Edited by super_dave_1
  • Like 1

Like others have said, not my first choice, but I can definitely get behind this.  He has gathered a decent coaching pedigree over the years.  Very interested in seeing who his assistants are going to be (likely Vellucci/Smith).

I like it but I admit it is based on gut feel.

He turned me around at the coaches chalk talk this year.  He is a great communicator, a lot smarter with the X and O than i thought and no one can question his will to win.

He may fail but it will be inexperience if he does.  Other than that he's got it in my book.

27 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

I think this was a very bad move.

This reminds me of a poster on Canes Country, DavioParker?? That's not you in a parallel world, is it?

Now about the topic. I like most was holding my breath, and at the same time, wanting this show to get moving. As several commented, and expect more to chime in, I think the "natural order of things" would have better served IF the GM had been named 1st, but Dundon, if anything, has not shown himself to be a natural order type.So good for him. I just hope that there is compatibility between RB and whomever is brought into be GM.

Next, I would not doubt anything RB sets his mind on, least of all his new role as head coach. Unlike several who point out failures in transitioning from player to coach, I believe we should generalize on this feeling, and let time show us if Rod will be our team's answer to playoff absence. That and the NEW team that appears to be emerging. 

Edited by KJUNKANE

14 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

When he gets fired I hope it is an amicable firing with class [sarchasm].

It will be the first in recorded history

15 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

When he gets fired I hope it is an amicable firing with class [sarchasm].

Dundon has a few taxis on call set up in Sunrise, FL for that day.

So, as for this hiring.  Hell, I don't know.  At least Brindy spent a lot of time in the rafters and on the bench since his career.  He's seen a few different styles.  I am a bit concerned about him having tunnel vision on certain issues and not having the broad picture.   But what do I know?  I don't spend any time down there.

It will be interesting to see the comments from the peanut gallery.  And I don't mean BD58, I mean the Toronto press.  They are going to have a hard time sorting through the ways to criticize this decision.

4 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

Nope.  not me.

Good, that guy definitely grates on my nerves. You would never do that?

Edited by KJUNKANE