The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
top-shelf-1

OMG...

31 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I'd smash every goalie stick I owned on everything I saw if I lost after 5 OT periods in a 2-1 game.

Especially when your team outshot theirs almost 2-to-1.

Have to admit that when I first read the title of the thread I thought had just traded for John Tavares. But still, it was pretty amazing.

Checkers dominated shots and lost. They're learning to become Hurricanes....oh bad, bad post. I'm keeding......sort of. Hey the line was just sitting there, how could I not pick it up?

But seriously, win or lose this series, the guys down on the farm are looking better than I can every recall.

Sometimes the other goalie really does stand on his head and steal a game.  After reading the summary, sounds like this was one of those times.  Sounds like Ned did a bit of head-standing as well, just not quite as much as Lyon.

Pretty cool too that after both teams changed names and locales, they made sure they still owned the record! Philly and the Rats (2008) are now #2.

On 5/10/2018 at 7:32 AM, legend-1 said:

I'd smash every goalie stick I owned on everything I saw if I lost after 5 OT periods in a 2-1 game.

The worst kind of pain. 5 OT. Bottle of JD required.