The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

UFA-Trades-RFA

38 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Since when does the #2 pick not sign for rookie max?  Svech’s ELC is for 832k

I don't understand that. Show the kid the love!

Looked up the rules and details on Cap Friendly. With his signing bonus factored in, it is the max contract. $925,000 per.

Edited by cclifford10

4 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Habs have placed Steve Mason on buyout waivers

Wild must not have found a deal for Ennis they liked. He has been placed on waivers to be bought out as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Anybody know why Taveres has to sign by midnight, or is that just if he resigns with the Isles?

Only applies if he wants that extra year with the Islanders.

2 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

So he can't get 8 years if he doesn't?  Why is that?

I think it's to give a slight advantage to the "home team" in re-signing pending UFAs.  I believe other sports have similar provisions in place as well.  But once the clock strikes imdnight, players hit UFA status and the advantage disappears.  

6 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

I think it's to give a slight advantage to the "home team" in re-signing pending UFAs.  I believe other sports have similar provisions in place as well.  But once the clock strikes imdnight, players hit UFA status and the advantage disappears.  

Yep, it gives the home team a minor edge, but not much.

The NBA gives much more of an edge to the "home team." For example, LeBron James declined his option, so he's a free agent. The Cavs can offer him 5 years/about $205million. Other teams can "only" (only, they say) offer 4 years/$152million.

28 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Chances are the Canes are going to go  after Steve Mason  who was recently bought out .   He might play back up for the Canes . 

If that's our goal tending tandem for next season.....boy oh boy.

3 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

If that's our goal tending tandem for next season.....boy oh boy.

Please just say it isnt so....  id rather see us stay with Cam 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Chances are the Canes are going to go  after Steve Mason  who was recently bought out .   He might play back up for the Canes . 

That would be total BS by DW and TD.  El cheapo v2.

1 hour ago, Canesfanforever said:

Based on what?

I know Khudobin had a pretty good year with Boston. But when he was here before, he could not beat out Cam, so I don’t see how letting Cam walk and signing Khudobin would be an upgrade. I have zero confidence in Darling at this point. He will need to earn that back, from fans and teammates. And if he implodes again, I hope we have someone capable of being a true #1. Not sure who that might be, but we have had since April to figure this out, and I’m still waiting for the rabbit to be pulled out of the hat.

24 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

I know Khudobin had a pretty good year with Boston. But when he was here before, he could not beat out Cam, so I don’t see how letting Cam walk and signing Khudobin would be an upgrade. I have zero confidence in Darling at this point. He will need to earn that back, from fans and teammates. And if he implodes again, I hope we have someone capable of being a true #1. Not sure who that might be, but we have had since April to figure this out, and I’m still waiting for the rabbit to be pulled out of the hat.

It's more of a slide of hand trick but Try and get Thatcher Demko  from the Canucks  and  we are set .  They still want   Skinner and Faulk    and  We could go after  Demko and Bo Horvat .  I have the up most confidence  that Demko could play this year and do well .  Very well .  

10 minutes ago, Kyrule said:

Eddie Lack is off the market ?, he signed a one year, one way deal with the Devils for $650,000 or something like that.

:hotflash:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kyrule said:

Eddie Lack is off the market ?, he signed a one year, one way deal with the Devils for $650,000 or something like that.

Oh man...I was REALLY hoping ;)

4 hours ago, PamlicoPuck said:

Please just say it isnt so....  id rather see us stay with Cam 

Cam’s going to be looking sweet decked out in my hometown Blackhawks gear.

• Like 1

I guess I should want Tavares to go West, but in a way, if he doesn't come here, then I'd almost rather have him stay with the Islanders. Why should San Jose get an instant reload? Or God forbid Toronto, still in the East and with Tavares/Matthews down the middle? Definitely SanJose if he doesn't stay on Long Island (or come here of course).