The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

UFA-Trades-RFA

4 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Bet anything he ends up there.

Grew up right outside of Toronto.  Most likely a Leafs fan.  The money will be anywhere he wants to go.  Most likely goes home

18 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Bet anything he ends up there.

It makes sense in terms of them becoming and instant contender if not favorite too. If he does, we better hope Necas or Aho are ready to become dominant centers if we have to go through them for our next cup! Go West young Man!

Im assuming that the trades we have worked out for Faulk aren’t one of the teams on his no trade list.  I make that assumption because he’s still here.

16 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Im assuming that the trades we have worked out for Faulk aren’t one of the teams on his no trade list.  I make that assumption because he’s still here.

Faulk doesn't have a NTC

13 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

He will tomorrow.  A 15 team no trade.

If it hasn't started, how can that have any effect on him still being here now?  I guess you're saying that the worked out possible trade is a team not on his list.  After reading your post again, I guess that's it.  Don't know why they would hold off on a trade unless the player coming back had a bonus or something kicking in on July 1

Edited by super_dave_1

If we make a deal with Toronto we've absolutely got to acquire Sparks in that deal as a backup plan to whatever UFA goalie we sign.

Edited by legend-1

8 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

Don't know why they would hold off on a trade unless the player coming back had a bonus or something kicking in on July 1

Im assuming JT is holding back the market.  I know its a Sunday, but this is the quietest opening to Canada Day, I can remember. Things still don’t start until 12 est but more signings would be confirmed at this point.

Edited by gocanes0506

9 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Well, at this point, it’s a foregone conclusion that Tavares is gone from the Island...now to where?

I say San Jose.

Canes will do nothing today as per usual.  With the cap going up, most teams have plenty of money to burn and most aren’t afraid to spend it to try and get better

Definitely picked up now. Im not expecting much but a meh goalie and decent defender.

trades in the next couple of weeks is where we’ll make our money.

35 minutes ago, Canes06cup17 said:

Calgary giving Ryan 3mil a year? That’s crazy in my opinion. 

He'll play a year, maybe two... then join the coaching staff.

Unfortunately we have always had to settle for the lesser free agents and over pay to get them. We are not a destination of choice. Hopefully we will be one day. The half empty building at games doesn’t help our case. Winning and making playoffs again to help a lot to solve our problems. 

33 minutes ago, iceman11 said:

Canes will do nothing today as per usual.  With the cap going up, most teams have plenty of money to burn and most aren’t afraid to spend it to try and get better

Through the draft and the trade the team is already better. Now it just needs a goalie and to unload Faulk. The latter will be the tougher of the two, IMO. Hopefully we kill both birds in one move.