Our Ryan to Calgary

Hutton to Slugs

Our goalie choices will be by process of elimination

What am I missing?

Hutchinson to FLA

Khudobin to Starts

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, playruffcaniac said:

Be nice if a trade could be worked out for Darnel Nurse who is a 6'4" LHD.

I made a post about this myself and would absolutely love it, but realistically Chiarelli would be loony to trade the guy.  They're deeper in LHD than RHD though so maybe he could be hoodwinked into thinking Faulk is half the defenseman Nurse is and something could be done.  Of course i'm seeing no hints whatsoever that he'd even consider giving up Nurse, which is as it should be.

1 hour ago, remkin said:

I have to try to reserve judgement until a guy is signed, but are any of the plans we're kicking around better than Darling - Ward? Pretty bold move just training up Darling and finding a cast off back up. Not sure we needed to fire Francis to get that done.

Sure we will see if they can avoid having 4 NHL RHD, and actually move Faulk, and maybe do something with Skinner, so there's still time to see the committee in action, but the biggest need was always goalie. 

I'll wait as well but to be honest out of the options outside of Hutton I gotta think Ward was just as good an option.

7 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Come on now, you know better than that.

Yeah I take that back.  He just needs a better year.  Calm down guys.  Let this view cheer you up.  

20180701_104039.jpg

5 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I don't expect much other than a goalie signing, but who knows.

Canes are pretty tight-lipped so far.

Not making a move for some goal tending help would be throwing this season down the drain IMO.  Lehner, Hutton, Khudonin.  Not sure how I feel about Lehtonen.  Reminds me too much of Cam Ward.

Edited by bluedevil58
  • Like 1

Ryan get 3 x 3.125 from the Flames!  Holy overpayment, Batman.  I had seen the projected numbers, but thought "No way"

Edited by super_dave_1
  • Like 3

I hate to see Cam go. He played behind a lot of bad teams. I was hoping he would stay in a backup role, and Mongo would be replaced by a real starter. The last player from the Cup team  Best of luck in Chicago.

As reported, Derek Ryan is joining #Flames on 3-year deal, $3.125 million AAV. #TSN

Joakim Nordstrom has agreed to a two year deal with the Boston Bruins. $2 mil aav.

Ward to Chicago.

1 minute ago, super_dave_1 said:

Ryan get 3 x 3.125 from the Flames!  Holy overpayment, Batman

He is Peters guy. I thought the 3.125 though was the entire term, so just over 1m/year.

Just now, slapshot02 said:

As reported, Derek Ryan is joining #Flames on 3-year deal, $3.125 million AAV. #TSN

Joakim Nordstrom has agreed to a two year deal with the Boston Bruins. $2 mil aav.

Ward to Chicago.

I was surprised the Hawks deal was one season. Figured it’d be 2. Kunitz also heading to the Windy City on a one year deal.

4 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

Ryan get 3 x 3.125 from the Flames!  Holy overpayment, Batman.  I had seen the projected numbers, but thought "No way"

Gosh, I thought it was a bit over a mil per year for a total of 3.125. Good for him. Calgary must have a ton of money to get rid of.

2 minutes ago, caneswincup said:

I was surprised the Hawks deal was one season. Figured it’d be 2. Kunitz also heading to the Windy City on a one year deal.

Just makes it easier for us to resign hm next year?

2 minutes ago, caneswincup said:

At this rate, we are going to end up with whatever goalie is left.

Goalies are asking their agent "Are you sure no one else wants me?"

• Like 1