The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

UFA-Trades-RFA

9 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

Gosh, I thought it was a bit over a mil per year for a total of 3.125. Good for him. Calgary must have a ton of money to get rid of.

Bromance,And the story is: He left money on the table to reunite with Bill Peters after 20 #NHL teams expressed interest. Zero NHL teams interested at age 24, 20 NHL teams interested at age 31. Not many careers like this one.

Edited by slapshot02
  • Like 1

Mrazek, Going to have to sit with that one for a while. Canes must think he can get back into form because last year surely wasn’t it.

Also, we’re not going to pay a lot for this muffler.

Ryan was a good player.  Problem was he was over slotted for canes.  Should of been a 3rd or 4 th line center. Not playing with skinner.  That is why canes fans were upset.  Felt he was holding skinner back

4 minutes ago, PamlicoPuck said:

And we let Cam walk for Mrazek... what am i missing here?????????????

8 years younger with more upside potential for $1.5M less.  Cam is on the down-side of his career.

Edited by wscaniac

2 minutes ago, wscaniac said:

8 years younger with more upside potential for $1.5M less.  Cam is on the down-side of his career.

Mrazek is still young, just 26 years old. Has a career 2.66 goals-against average, .911 save percentage and 14 shutouts. In the playoffs: 1.98 GAA, .927 save percentage and three shutouts.

What the hell do the canes think.  That players want to play for free.  Especially for the Canes...

Until the team turns it around, the only way a FA will come to Carolina is if they overpay.  Canes management team needs to re-access their game plan.

I thought from the beginning that it would be Lehner or Mrazek due to age.

I’m probably in the minority here but I’m ok with this. Any goalie is a crapshoot at this point, if Mrazek plays well he is only 26. 

• Like 2

I recall last year many on this board were praying we went after Mrazek during the stretch drive in February when we were still in the hunt. He instead went to Philly and got off to a hot start before coming back to earth. Did some expect Holtby or Bobrovsky to come strolling into the door.

• Like 1

What a bunch of (pathetic )whiners y’all are. Not all but yall. Southern know the difference. Lol

Edited by cc
  • Like 1

I think the committee looked at the options available and didn't really like what they saw. The goalies getting paid this time around aren't a whole lot different than Darling was last summer, so that still would've been rolling the dice on a guy hoping to take the next step. Might as well find a stopgap for this year and see what's available next summer.

• Like 1