The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

UFA-Trades-RFA

I have no problem with the signing.  All the goalies were about the same in my book.  All a roll f the dice.  It is the comments about salary that ticked me off

1 minute ago, Kyrule said:

I thought from the beginning that it would be Lehner or Mrazek due to age.

I’m probably in the minority here but I’m ok with this. Any goalie is a crapshoot at this point, if Mrazek plays well he is only 26. 

I agree as well. I'll take a 26 year old over a geritol junkie any day.Just not many options out there as we all knew.

2 minutes ago, Stealth-ch1 said:

I think the committee looked at the options available and didn't really like what they saw. The goalies getting paid this time around aren't a whole lot different than Darling was last summer, so that still would've been rolling the dice on a guy hoping to take the next step. Might as well find a stopgap for this year and see what's available next summer.

Sensible post.

7 minutes ago, Stealth-ch1 said:

I think the committee looked at the options available and didn't really like what they saw. The goalies getting paid this time around aren't a whole lot different than Darling was last summer, so that still would've been rolling the dice on a guy hoping to take the next step. Might as well find a stopgap for this year and see what's available next summer.

Agree completely 

18 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Petr Mrazek to CAR, one year, $1.5M.

Mrazek last year:

overall:              39g    3.03 gaa    .902 sv%

with Philly:        17g    3.22 gaa    .891 sv%

:o

The only way this makes sense to me is if the committee isn't done and is bringing in another goalie.  Since we can't get a (reasonably) sure thing, 3 raffle tickets stand a better chance of hitting than 2 raffle tickets.

• Like 1

Canes are still in el cheapo mode.  So far TD is just flash and marketing.  Unless we have a plan to score 5 goals a game we're screwed.

• Like 1

I'm glad Cam left on his terms. The writing was on the wall since the end of the season but this allows us or most of us to remember Cam and what he meant to the organization. Best of luck Wardo.

I will wait on Mrazek. It gives us a competitive crease going into the training camp. I think it is a roll of the dice but we can't be sure DW and committee are done yet even if I suspect they are.

• Like 2

Just now, Manwolf said:

Canes are still in el cheapo mode.  So far TD is just flash and marketing.  Unless we have a plan to score 5 goals a game we're screwed.

How uplifting 

Just now, hag65 said:

Have to figure out what i think of this sieve tandem.

My first reaction was good gawd.  Still is, even considering the circumstances Steath laid out.

• Like 1

If I looked correctly, Mrazek is 5-0-0 in his career versus Carolina...so this move takes him away as an opposing goalie.  How’s that for looking positively? ?

Just now, gocanes0506 said:

For too much 

What a player is worth is what his agent can get him

The guys on this team deserve far better than what DW and TD have done so far.  If another Goalie move doesn't happen they've just compounded an error in Darling. Really poor business decisions here.

Edited by Manwolf

2 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Rumors spreading we are going hard after Kapanen of Toronto.  Possibly getting Maatta in a blockbuster.

Hope you're right and a Goalie is included.

Edited by Manwolf

1 minute ago, Manwolf said:

The guys on this team deserve far better than what DW and TD have done so far.  If another Goalie move doesn't happen they've just compounded an error in Darling. Really poor business decisions here.

I’m not THAT down on the signing, because the market sucks 

BREAKING:

Tavares to Leafs for 7 years!!!