The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

UFA-Trades-RFA

17 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

I recall last year many on this board were praying we went after Mrazek during the stretch drive in February when we were still in the hunt. He instead went to Philly and got off to a hot start before coming back to earth. Did some expect Holtby or Bobrovsky to come strolling into the door.

I thought we should have gone after him at the trade deadline and given him a tryout.  Oh well

7 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Rumors spreading we are going hard after Kapanen of Toronto.  Possibly getting Maatta in a blockbuster.

Can you provide links, please. :(

18 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Mrazek last year:

overall:              39g    3.03 gaa    .902 sv%

with Philly:        17g    3.22 gaa    .891 sv%

:o

The only way this makes sense to me is if the committee isn't done and is bringing in another goalie.  Since we can't get a (reasonably) sure thing, 3 raffle tickets stand a better chance of hitting than 2 raffle tickets.

I don't  think so. We are done in the goalie market for now.

Remember his 300th game presentation. Middle of the afternoon, empty house, RF giving him the what ever to mark the event. Last game everyone signing his blocker. He and RF were roommates when he first came up.DW saying we can't put the same tandem up, I would of been surprised if Ward would of signed with us.

Spin it how you want but Ward was never an option for us.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wscaniac said:

8 years younger with more upside potential for $1.5M less.  Cam is on the down-side of his career.

Cam had to play behind some truly craptacular teams his years here. On a legitimately good team, I think he would’ve had a much more productive career.

Man...Skinner’s and Faulk’s trade values just may have jumped a few notches with some of these signings and spurned teams getting more desperate 

On the Mrazek front, I am ok with this. He's played decent in Detroit; a one year rental; waiting on Neddy or next season's UFAs. Better speak volumes to Darling. Mgmt basically saying, "you've got the 1st 10 games; better not @#$% this season". There's no one behind you you need to worry about.

11 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

How was Mrazek better than Ward and Darling ?  We just got Waddelled  .

I maintain the TD/Waddell long game is to make us as unappealing a team to play for or support as possible in the short term. I suspect buried way deep in the fine print of the purchase agreement is language that would allow Tom to move us to Houston before the “official” date we hear mentioned if we are deeply unprofitable.

Houston, BTW, is also Hurricane Country and where the League has already said they’d like to go next now that Seattle is on its way.

Edited by caneswincup
Addition
  • Like 1

Toronto just got crazy good. I agree, they’re not going to be able to sign everybody in the future. I heard a report that Marner wants Matthews money. 

They should be high on the hog dancing around let’s see if we can get something from them.

2 minutes ago, caneswincup said:

I maintain the TD/Waddell long game is to make us as unappealing a team to play for or support as possible in the short term. I suspect buried way deep in the fine print of the purchase agreement is language that would allow Tom to move us to Houston before the “official” date we hear mentioned if we are deeply unprofitable.

Houston, BTW, is also Hurricane Country and where the League has already said they’d like to go next now that Seattle is on its way.

Insane.

23 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Enjoy the Toronto market and their over-entitled fans, JT...

I’m surprised but I’m not. If he really wanted a Cup and not the overwhelming pressure, Sharks or Lightning would’ve been it.

1 minute ago, slapshot02 said:

Insane.

If it’s insane, then what is the goal with their strategy? They’ve bashed UFAs, underoffered for coaching talent, gaslighted Skinner, alienated fans and STH, etc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Man...Skinner’s and Faulk’s trade values just may have jumped a few notches with some of these signings and spurned teams getting more desperate 

If anyone trades for Skinner I’ve got to think it’s the Pens. Rutherford just loves bringing back his guys.

Yeah, I’m starting to wonder what is going on with TD.  Until they pay someone, I’m going to worry.  They don’t want to pay anybody.  gm’s, coaches, RFA or UFA.  Not a good message to send out 

• Like 1