The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

UFA-Trades-RFA

3 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Jack Johnson to the Evil Empire...like I need another reason to loathe them!

Rutherford couldn’t pass up getting him. It’s been 12 years in the making. ?

7 minutes ago, caneswincup said:

And speaking of Rutherford cannot let players go, Cullen back to the Pens for one year. $ not yet announced.

1 yr 650k

6 minutes ago, caneswincup said:

And speaking of Rutherford cannot let players go, Cullen back to the Pens for one year. $ not yet announced.

14 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Man Islanders fans should be hot they let him go for nothing.

I know there was one individual that thought we should have hired Snow and Weight because JT liked him Guess what? Snow will forever be known as the guy that let JT get away for nothing! They could have made a killing at the deadline, and still tried to get him back.

Garth Snow is just another name in the long list of incompetent Isles GMs...never should've been hired by them in the first place!  I was surprised that Rod didn't go after Dougie when he was let go.

• Like 1

Mike Bales has his work cut out for him.

Tom Dundon is not impressing me.  Talks big, plays cheap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, caneswincup said:

Rutherford couldn’t pass up getting him. It’s been 12 years in the making. ?

Did we trade his rights for Gleason? If so, we got him back, too.

1 minute ago, wxray1 said:

Mike Bales has his work cut out for him.

Tom Dundon is not impressing me.  Talks big, plays cheap.

I just don't know who else he can go out and get in this.  All the big names won't come here cause we're not a "ready now" team...and most of those big names are in positions that we already have a good deal of young talent in.  The goalie market flat-out sucks this UFA season...so we were left with the table scraps there.

Other than making trades, there wasn't much for either TD or DW to do today...

• Like 3

Just reading the Blackhawks forum. Cam may have also gotten a NTC as well.

They are not happy with Cam's contract, especially with Chad Johnson getting 1yr/1.75mil and Hutton getting 3yr/2.75mil.

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

I just don't know who else he can go out and get in this.  All the big names won't come here cause we're not a "ready now" team...and most of those big names are in positions that we already have a good deal of young talent in.  The goalie market flat-out sucks this UFA season...so we were left with the table scraps there.

Other than making trades, there wasn't much for either TD or DW to do today...

OK, we in the UFA thread.  Got it.  I was talking in total.  The whole package, from hiring DW to today's activities.

2 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

OK, we in the UFA thread.  Got it.  I was talking in total.  The whole package, from hiring DW to today's activities.

Yah, big picture, he hasn't walked the walk after talking up a big game back in January...but we're not even 6 months in.  At this time next year, we'll have a clearer picture...and then we can get the torches and pitchforks back out.

Losing Cam Ward is one thing, losing him to my #1 enemy is the worst possible outcome. :puker:   :kleenex:   

We need to keep Skinner!  :nailbite::pray:

23 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Yah, big picture, he hasn't walked the walk after talking up a big game back in January...but we're not even 6 months in.  At this time next year, we'll have a clearer picture...and then we can get the torches and pitchforks back out.

We not might yet be where we can

make a splash but we aren’t even making a ripple...

Edited by caneswincup

1 hour ago, LakeLivin said:

Mrazek last year:

overall:              39g    3.03 gaa    .902 sv%

with Philly:        17g    3.22 gaa    .891 sv%

:o

The only way this makes sense to me is if the committee isn't done and is bringing in another goalie.  Since we can't get a (reasonably) sure thing, 3 raffle tickets stand a better chance of hitting than 2 raffle tickets.

Cam would have been better. Plain and simple. TD and Waddell could not do better than this?

I understand everyone's frustration, but I am not majorly upset or surprised with the moves or lack thereof today. Wondering if DW's comments about the UFA goalies wanting too much may have had more to do with term than dollars. If we committed to 3 years for a couple million and they failed we would be majorly hurting next year. Currently worst case scenario we have another year of pain then wash our hands completely buying Darling out. Best case, Darling becomes our #1. We all know Cam wouldn't have been the answer to the season if Darling fails, Mrazek is a cheaper, younger, healthier option.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, G50 said:

Losing Cam Ward is one thing, losing him to my #1 enemy is the worst possible outcome. :puker:   :kleenex:   

We need to keep Skinner!  :nailbite::pray:

Yah, I'm not happy he went to the Evil Empire of the West...but I'm optimistic that somehow we can trade Mongo back to them for Cam ;)

17 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Garth Snow is just another name in the long list of incompetent Isles GMs...never should've been hired by them in the first place!  I was surprised that Rod didn't go after Dougie when he was let go.

Daniels was obviously cheaper... oops, I mean better.

I get that goalie is a very tough position to fix. Heck, I'm a Canes fan, it goes without saying. But the one thing we have failed at every year since 2007 except one, was fixing goalie, and it has never been clearer than this year that we absolutely positively had one major job this year.  I don't know what other options were out there, but based on their last seasons here is what the committee has come up with so far:

13-21-7, 3.18, .888

14-13-6, 3.03, .902

I hope two things:

Our goalie coach knows exactly what went wrong with both of these guys or we are not done working the goalie thing.

If we hadn't lucked into drafting Svech it would be pretty hard not to inch towards that ledge. 

The committee better do something with Faulk. 

1 minute ago, bluedevilcane said:

Cam would have been better. Plain and simple. TD and Waddell could not do better than this?

At the end of the day, Cam is only there for a year...and so is Mrazek in Raleigh.

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

The Writing is on the wall .  Dundon  did not want to spend money to get a GM  that knows how to GM  ,  All we got was a guy  who has a lot of Experience .   There are   a  ton of  guys with  a lot of experience  a dime a dozen  out there  .   Tom Dundon said  that the teams goals were  to get guys who want to play for us  and  that they would earn their spot  and we would go after guys other team would not  want to lose from their teams  not guys that teams dont want .    So far the track record  is  a goalie no one wanted and  just unkept promises . Dundon is not a man of his word , We basically got Karmanos 2.0   as an owner .