Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

UFA-Trades-RFA

Recommended Posts

I would much rather hear the honest, brash straight forward message, than some polished NHL suit, jibber jabber, cloaked in mystery stuff that we were used too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caniac6 said:

It might just be me, but he doesn't sound like a very likeable guy.

 

 

I actually like him more after hearing that than i did before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sleekfeeder said:

I would much rather hear the honest, brash straight forward message, than some polished NHL suit, jibber jabber, cloaked in mystery stuff that we were used too.

 

Judging from the draft this year, I don't think Dundon owns a suit, so I think we're safe on that front. :P

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, caniac6 said:

It might just be me, but he doesn't sound like a very likeable guy.

 

We heard from PK once or twice a year and he sounded like a buffoon.  We hear from TD a lot more, at least he sticks his neck out there.  I don't agree 100% with everything he says but I like most of what I hear.

 

I also like that he called them out for giving him a couple of shots.  He's going to be candid, 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dundon got the best shot in there pointing out that radio is pretty much dead after rush hour. I think the shots stopped after that one.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's August, can we play lets make a deal again.

 

Skinner and Faulk are starting to show up in trade rumors again, I haven't seen anything that would indicate any moves will happen soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect you are correct on that OBXer. One little tidbit I just ran across, seems a young defenseman for Chicago just had to undergo wrist surgery, keeping him out until mid November. Couple that with mumblings about having only 1 capable RHD, and is this a glimpse of an opening for Justin? IDK, but we have become frequent flyers with the Blackhawks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stone is asking 9 million at Arb.  I know player's ask for more to get more. Would love to get that guy with a chance of re-signing him after Jan 1st.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

I expect you are correct on that OBXer. One little tidbit I just ran across, seems a young defenseman for Chicago just had to undergo wrist surgery, keeping him out until mid November. Couple that with mumblings about having only 1 capable RHD, and is this a glimpse of an opening for Justin? IDK, but we have become frequent flyers with the Blackhawks?

 

I saw the same info and had the same thought, lol.  The only thing that stopped me from asking the question is that Forsling is a left D-man and Faulk plays right.  But Chicago had already been one of the teams mentioned most often in Faulk speculation, so maybe this adds additional pressure for them to get a deal done?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

I expect you are correct on that OBXer. One little tidbit I just ran across, seems a young defenseman for Chicago just had to undergo wrist surgery, keeping him out until mid November. Couple that with mumblings about having only 1 capable RHD, and is this a glimpse of an opening for Justin? IDK, but we have become frequent flyers with the Blackhawks?

I read something a week or two ago that the Hawks will probably wait to make additional moves until September, which makes even more sense now given the uncertainty around Crawford. I would expect Faulk is headed there, at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

More

@LukeDeCock do you see the Canes moving Skinner, Faulk or Rask before camp starts in September?

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Reply

 1 

Retweet

  

Like

  

Direct message

Luke DeCock‏Verified account @LukeDeCock

FollowFollow @LukeDeCock

More

Replying to @ScottishIrish55

Will be addressing this shortly. No on Rask, though. Think they're happy to see how he does in a more limited role.

7:50 AM - 1 Aug 2018

 

take that for what you will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be as happy to see Skinner stay. I think he will flourish under Brindy's style. I would love to see him on a scoring line with Svech. It looks like there is a good possibility he will stay and if he does I expect he will have a good year. After all he is skating for a new contract, big FA money.

 

But here is why I think you have to move Skinner. He has been the center of trade talk since seasons end. A lot was your share of bloggers, insiders, legit press making good guesses and copy but most of the rumors were generated from Dundon and Waddell. They said he was on the block for the right price. In a recent interview Dundon said Skinner might stay but in the same interview said they didn't want to be in the same situation New York face. I presume he was talking about the Islanders losing JT.

 

Well if you don't trade him before the season his price as a rental won't be as high. If we are, I hope we are in a playoff spot by trade deadline you might be faced with a decision  of moving Skinner or losing him for nothing. Then again playoff teams always need rentals so if we are in a playoff hunt we could look at Skinner as our rental.

 

Money talks but if I'm Skinner I doubt he re-signs with the Canes. He has been told in no uncertain terms he is no longer our future and he is expendable. Money talks but so does a players pride. If we don't trade him now I will bet we lose him for next to nothing or nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeping both would certainly make the Canes deep, and deep is good if you're making the dance.

 

If we're not in the mix at Christmas, I think the market for both could be good among teams on the bubble at that point. Either would be a good early pickup for a bubble team looking to get over the top.

 

I wish to heck Luke would have cleared up whether Faulk's got a limited NTC.

 

Edited by top-shelf-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an odd feeling that it would take until after the arb meetings.  Maybe a one year deal arb guy for Skinner. A swap of guys that aren’t going to sign with their current teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see Skinner stay and be allowed to play in a role that recognizes his goal scoring ability. If he felt properly appreciated, maybe his willingness to stay with the Canes would reappear. For whatever reason, Peters pretty much demoted him to 3rd line status last year. You don’t see that much with a guy coming off a 37 goal season on a team that can’t score goals. Waddell and Dundon have paid lip service to the value Skinner might bring if he stays, but they have not been shy about discussing their willingness to trade him. Maybe that is a reflection of what they are hearing from Skinner’s agent about his willingness to sign after this year more so than what they would really like to do. IDK. But if it’s a lock he’ not willing to resign, we need to get something for him for sure. Sad that it appears to have come to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

I would love to see Skinner stay and be allowed to play in a role that recognizes his goal scoring ability. If he felt properly appreciated, maybe his willingness to stay with the Canes would reappear. For whatever reason, Peters pretty much demoted him to 3rd line status last year. You don’t see that much with a guy coming off a 37 goal season on a team that can’t score goals. Waddell and Dundon have paid lip service to the value Skinner might bring if he stays, but they have not been shy about discussing their willingness to trade him. Maybe that is a reflection of what they are hearing from Skinner’s agent about his willingness to sign after this year more so than what they would really like to do. IDK. But if it’s a lock he’ not willing to resign, we need to get something for him for sure. Sad that it appears to have come to this.

 

I suspect that the biggest attraction of all would be if the team clicks and looks like it would be perennial Cup contenders.  With all of the changes, IF that were to happen, I could see Skinner buying in.

Edited by LakeLivin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

 If he felt properly appreciated, maybe his willingness to stay with the Canes would reappear.

God Bless America- wouldn't we all like to be "appreciated" at our work.  He's getting paid well to do exactly what he wanted and dreamed of.  Assuming he feels this way, he can get over it and "appreciate" how blessed he is.  If not, just get out and let someone else who will "appreciate" being able to play hockey in the NHL come in.  I have NO sympathy for his feelings of being under-appreciated assuming that is actually what is keeping him from buying in.    Us working stiffs don't have this luxury so any talk about needing appreciation burns my donkey.   OK rant over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kyrule said:

I’m more of the opinion that Skinner is the one who is unwanted, not the other way around.

Well, you might be projecting... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cc said:

God Bless America- wouldn't we all like to be "appreciated" at our work.  He's getting paid well to do exactly what he wanted and dreamed of.  Assuming he feels this way, he can get over it and "appreciate" how blessed he is.  If not, just get out and let someone else who will "appreciate" being able to play hockey in the NHL come in.  I have NO sympathy for his feelings of being under-appreciated assuming that is actually what is keeping him from buying in.    Us working stiffs don't have this luxury so any talk about needing appreciation burns my donkey.   OK rant over.

I hear you and agree, but I think BDC made an unfortunate word choice. I don't think it's about Skinner feeling unappreciated. I do think he felt misused last year, and there's no question he has a point. He puts together two career years - back to back - and is floated as Captain apparent. Then plays with two borderline NHLers.

 

Skinner has a right to feel his talents were poorly used last year, if in fact he does feel that way, which we'll never know. But I'm of the opinion it was a strategic decision, a purposeful attempt, likely driven by Ronnie-no-trades, to get his point total down and give the org an argument at the negotiating table. Because there's no question that a third great season in a row would have left the org with no negotiating leg to stand on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'm sure there will be butthurt over how this is handled in some form or fashion. It's the new norm. omg and all

 

You mean "I just didn't like how it was done.  Seemed classless"

Edited by super_dave_1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

But I'm of the opinion it was a strategic decision, a purposeful attempt, likely driven by Ronnie-no-trades, to get his point total down and give the org an argument at the negotiating table.

Just Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...