The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canesfanforever

Brind'amour coaches

Lightning announce coaching staff changes

Associate coach Rick Bowness, assistant Brad Lauer will not return

this is from the nhl news headline ,  why not pursue  them both ? see what they both did for the lightning ?

41 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

They did enough to get fired.

As did every other 'coach with NHL experience' we can name that isn't currently coaching in the NHL.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't want - to use the Sean Avery vernacular - a failed team's sloppy seconds, and for better or worse, TBL failed to close the deal this year. I want Rod to pick someone he knows and trusts, and the official team word is that he was close to an announcement before these firings came to light.

1 hour ago, Canesfanforever said:

I Vouch for Doug Weight to come in and be an assistant coach for Rod Brind'amour  , and bring in Garth Snow for be an assistant  to Rick Dudley !

I'm sure he appreciates the endorsement!

18 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

I Vouch for Doug Weight to come in and be an assistant coach for Rod Brind'amour  , and bring in Garth Snow to be an assistant  to Rick Dudley !

Mabye to Weight. No to Snow. This is not college basketball where they hire someone's dad or AAU coach in order to get a big recruit. If JT comes here it will be because of the money, and if he thinks this team will be a Cup contender in the near future. He isn't coming for a rebuild. He can stay on the Island for that.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

Mabye to Weight. No to Snow. This is not college basketball where they hire someone's dad or AAU coach in order to get a big recruit. If JT comes here it will be because of the money, and if he thinks this team will be a Cup contender in the near future. He isn't coming for a rebuild. He can stay on the Island for that.

the canes are done rebuilding .   what ever made you think  the team was ?

28 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

the canes are done rebuilding .   what ever made you think  the team was ?

They might be done rebuilding after this free agency period, but until they fix the goalie position, and turn into a playoff team, and I mean a team that can be a playoff team for awhile, the rebuild continues. We've been rebuilding since 2009, and we are not done, yet. I think the pyramids were built faster.

• Like 1

I would not be opposed to Weight. But I think Rod/canes had interviewed prospective coaches and wee narrowing their choices before Weight was fired. On ice performance is now Rod’s responsibility, and the hire should be his to make. He might not want a former HC on the bench that might take his place if we get off to a bad start. Either way, I trust Rod’s judgment on this hire.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

I would not be opposed to Weight. But I think Rod/canes had interviewed prospective coaches and wee narrowing their choices before Weight was fired. On ice performance is now Rod’s responsibility, and the hire should be his to make. He might not want a former HC on the bench that might take his place if we get off to a bad start. Either way, I trust Rod’s judgment on this hire.

i seriously  doubt   weight would be replacing  Brind'Amour any time soon .  I just think it would be to help Brind'Amour with facing similar problems that weight has gone through and   it could be a ploy to help bring in Tavares to our team ,  if there is a smudge of a  chance to bring in JOHN TAVARES TO THE CANES ?  then why say no to that ? it makes zero sense  at all .    you do everything in your power to add a top of the line center like him to our team , you dont  turn your nose up and say nah we are good.     FFS !  after that  we   would stand a greater chance of going forward and  making the playoffs .    but to bring this more on to doug weight  , i believe the man got a raw deal when he was their coach in ny .   he has an excellent mind for hockey  and could maybe have some ideas  to help roddy get the team going  if  they both were to notice something that needs to be addressed , and last time i checked that is not a bad thing at all .  

Edited by Canesfanforever

This from 31 Thoughts

After retiring in 2008, he moved into player development and has been there since. However, another former Hurricane may be returning, as Jeff Daniels is under consideration to join the coaching staff.

21 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

Jeff Daniels?!!   Didn't he fail at the AHL level?  Wow.

Failure is not an option!;)

2 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

We're getting the band back together.

Yeah well not all of the band. According to a Luke tweet Glen Wesley's contract as director of defenseman development will not be renewed.

The official team release

Canes Name Jeff Daniels as Assistant Coach by Terrell Williams

as head coach of the team's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliates from 2008-15, posting a career AHL record of 268-225-51 in seven seasons with Albany and Charlotte. He was an assistant coach for the Hurricanes from 2003-2008, helping guide the team to a Stanley Cup championship in 2006.

• Like 1

The Press Release  indicates the Canes coaching staff is now complete. No more changes expected.

Brindy Head Coach

Steve Smith Asst Coach

Jeff Daniels Asst Coach

Mike Bales Goaltending Coach

Chris Huffine and LJ Scarpace Video Coaches