The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
caniac82-ch1

New 3rd jersey design

4 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Bring back the Black.

This.  But, like i said in another post somewhere recently, please do something with the numbers so i can make them out on the tube - the red on black is mighty tough to read.

4 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

This.  But, like i said in another post somewhere recently, please do something with the numbers so i can make them out on the tube - the red on black is mighty tough to read.

I think it would look good with black, our normal logo, red/white bands around the arms, and white letters, red numbers outlined in black.

I'd also like to see the black unis back, but I'm thinking change those slanted stripes on the arms and socks.  To me the stripes look dated but not in a good retro way.  Very, I dunno . . . 90ish? 

20 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

2 of them.

Both x-ray and WX-ray endorse this!

I mean seriously: "Watch out folks, here comes a tropical downpour!"

Storm ? <not equal to> Full Blown Hurricane ??.  TWO flags.

hurrflag.JPG

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

Both x-ray and WX-ray endorse this!

I mean seriously: "Watch out folks, here comes a tropical downpour!"

Storm ? <not equal to> Full Blown Hurricane ??.  TWO flags.

hurrflag.JPG

Technically, I agree. But I think the current one looks better graphically. If they can make it work, great--but if there's still flags around the hem, I don't think it matters.   

5 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Technically, I agree. But I think the current one looks better graphically. If they can make it work, great--but if there's still flags around the hem, I don't think it matters.   

Well, WX ray is getting technical.  But, yeah, I know this is just a cartoon.  After all, the flag is being held by a hockey stick.  This is fun, not a course in atmospheric science.  So, I'll give some leeway to the idea of artistic license.

Perhaps the two flags can be incorporated into the arm shoulder patch?

My fear is we see a whale end up on the shoulder.

Edited by wxray1

7 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

My fear is we see a whale end up on the shoulder.

It's a valid concern given TD's enthused words about honoring the Whale. If we're gonna do it with sweaters, I'd prefer one throwback game per year season where they just use the entire Whale uni, and call it a wrap. 

• Like 5

There have been multiple Sharknado movies. I don't see why there can't be a Whale'O'Cane. Just have a whale spinning around in the middle of the Hurricane logo.

Yeah, that makes about as much sense as capes.

I suppose they could try to do some clever little hidden negative image tiny whale somewhere, but I also favor leaving it out. 

1 hour ago, remkin said:

There have been multiple Sharknado movies. I don't see why there can't be a Whale'O'Cane. Just have a whale spinning around in the middle of the Hurricane logo.

Yeah, that makes about as much sense as capes.

I suppose they could try to do some clever little hidden negative image tiny whale somewhere, but I also favor leaving it out. 

I've always wondered if they could make the sightless eye logo such that the swirl created negative space forming a C and an H.  It would it be cool and pay very subtle homage to our roots in the Whalers, which is all I feel would be appropriate.  (I would be ok with 1 game a year in full throwback Whalers gear, though)

I've posted this before, here it is again in the hopes that the powers that be might see it.  I'd still make the crest a bit fatter (rounder).

EDIT: the following is proposed as our regular home uni, not as an alternate.  Stay with the black for those

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 1

Don't know how much time it will take to design a jersey and manufacture some of them but if they will show 3rd jersey at June, 22nd I think design is already set.

1 hour ago, Canesfanforever said:

Image result for new carolina hurricane logo

Not sure i like the final look of this, but i do like the C, negative-space H, and the thought of using the H to separate the two hurricane flags.  It's a good concept.

2 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

or this could work image.jpeg.2a203b1a2c02da4abdd0b99d62a38fb5.jpegImage result for new carolina hurricane logo

What do you think of the red/black design with a new logo (on the right)? I truly think there is going to be a different look.

Not sure I'm in the mood for something drastically different than the previous version. Maybe tweak a couple things here and there (definitely agree that the numbers are tough to read on TV), but trying to come up with a whole new logo or something along those lines feels unnecessarily risky.

Unless I missed some big uproar and fans really hated the black alternates, don't get cute trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stealth-ch1 said:

Not sure I'm in the mood for something drastically different than the previous version. Maybe tweak a couple things here and there (definitely agree that the numbers are tough to read on TV), but trying to come up with a whole new logo or something along those lines feels unnecessarily risky.

Unless I missed some big uproar and fans really hated the black alternates, don't get cute trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Yup. I love the original blacks. Other than the number issue, it ain't broke, so don't fix it.