The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
caniac82-ch1

New 3rd jersey design

36 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Yup. I love the original blacks. Other than the number issue, it ain't broke, so don't fix it.

While i agree that the number issue needs to be fixed, do you think they would be doing a reveal if there aren't changes in store for the new uniform?  I love the black/red idea though.

Since the NHL made everyone get rid of their alternates, I am thinking some teams do go back to something very similar to their previous ones if they liked them. They will change them some due to the new contract and to get people to shell out more money to buy them, but I'm guessing we stay with black at least. But with a new owner, who knows? I can see the temptation to go with something based on the old Whaler colors. 

I will reserve judgement until I see them, but I really liked back in black and the team seemed to like playing in them.

1 hour ago, caniac82-ch1 said:

While i agree that the number issue needs to be fixed, do you think they would be doing a reveal if there aren't changes in store for the new uniform?  I love the black/red idea though.

I think you may get something close to it, but I think black will predominate. I'll just be surprised if they're rolling out a new logo. That's a pretty big deal in terms of branding, typically preceded by months of narrowing choices and then subjecting the finalists to focus group testing. I have to believe the org has been busy enough over the last year that overhauling the logo wasn't a high-priority item.

Also, I'd think TD would make a contest out of it, and ask fans to submit designs.    

Edited by top-shelf-1

2 hours ago, caniac82-ch1 said:

We revealed simply adding piping to the shoulders one year so it's possible.

I also agree with others that the 3rd jersey doesn't need a ton of help, it looked good. The numbers would be my fix, making the logo scientifically correct ...personally the double flags has never looked good to me when it's been presented by fans so I'd agree stick with what we got. I think we make fun of ourselves more then anyone else does over that detail. It's not in the Buffaslug type of screw up category.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, caniac82-ch1 said:

The only change i would make would be the numbers.

Canes.jpg

i like that but the only things i would change is the white   ,   i would use the silver for the 3rd color  and  change the logo to be the hurricane flag with the hockey stick . 

5 minutes ago, hopper915 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the alternate is Green

the whale is dead , it was harpooned by a hurricane  back in 1997 ,  and drowned into the ocean  and not even a necromancer  can bring it back to life ,    no to green ! they have to be either red , black  or silver looking colors .  for a 3rd jersey .  if they are green  and dundon is trying to pay homage to  the organizations history predating  it being the hurricanes  then why ???  that would just upset a lot of people .  the hurricanes need to stay away from green as much as possible for a 3rd jersey ,  something military is okay as an offshoot for practice  , but not for a season .

In the new Tweetmail, Michael Smith was pressed for "some kind of clue" as to the Thirds. Said he:

"Sure, I'll play along. Fish Biscuit."

A whale is a fish. (A mammalian fish... but a fish.) A puck is a biscuit.

Or, maybe he's messing with us. Doing so would fulfill providing "some kind of clue"--to the letter.

Edited by top-shelf-1

43 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

In the new Tweetmail, Michael Smith was pressed for "some kind of clue" as to the Thirds. Said he:

Or, maybe he's messing with us. Doing so would fulfill providing "some kind of clue"--to the letter.

I think that was a joke on Mike's part. Personally, i think this would look good

3rd.jpg

3 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I saw that too. I just shook my head. He has to be messing with us.

14 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

A whale is a fish. (A mammalian fish... but a fish.)

Umm... NO whales are not cold blooded.   There is no such thing as a mammalian fish unless science creates a whole new classification.

I did find this though so, Who knows.

image.png.82bb977a179167850854df4a27386eb0.png

I was thinking about the clue given my Michael Smith - "fish biscuit"

From the urban dictionary: Fish Biscuit - A term for reward that doesn't match up to build-up and or effort required to obtain it.

Maybe he's just saying don't expect major changes to the original third jersey. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Maybe he's just saying don't expect major changes to the original third jersey. 

I'd be shocked to see any major changes.  I'd actually be shocked as well to see the numbers addressed, but i wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised there.

• Like 1

The third unis will be the old black ones with an embroidered image of Rod Brind'Amour's face on the chest. After the season is concluded, NHL statisticians will notice that when wearing the third unis Carolina's face-off percentage rose 17%, the players will have decreased BMI, each will have gained a big ugly nose and an inexplicable chewing gum addiction. Tom Dundon will rename the team the Hurr'Amours. En route to the 2019 SCF, following the post-series ceremonial team handshakes, every member of the opposing teams will immediately go on IR with 'upper-body injuries' from the Herculean grips.

• Like 4

Honoring our past while we recognize our future the new third jersey will feature a Sea Bass logo

sea bass logo.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/3/2018 at 10:27 AM, remkin said:

There have been multiple Sharknado movies. I don't see why there can't be a Whale'O'Cane. Just have a whale spinning around in the middle of the Hurricane logo.

Yeah, that makes about as much sense as capes.

I suppose they could try to do some clever little hidden negative image tiny whale somewhere, but I also favor leaving it out. 

You mean like a "Find Waldo" but with a whale?   ? ?

• Like 1