The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
caniac82-ch1

New 3rd jersey design

2 hours ago, legend-1 said:

They really nailed that Chinese knock off look.

Don’t knock the knock-offs!  My son bought a $28 Zemgis Gurgenson online, it looks just as good as my daughter’s $198 Tuevo Teravainen.  It even has the official NHL logos...

14 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Related image

It's the upward point-of-view of the last thing a sausage sees when Brind'Amour is carbo-loading before a workout. Upper lip on the right, nostrils in the middle, big ugly nose and a red-billed Canes hat from underneath.

9 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

I feel a little gypped by the top corners, really - same thing just rotated.  We only got 8 sneak preview pics there instead of 9.  Dundon's cutting corners again.

The top corners are intriguing.  I'm having a hard time associating that with either the swirl or the flag.  If that is the main logo, seems like something new or altered.

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

The top corners are intriguing.  I'm having a hard time associating that with either the swirl or the flag.  If that is the main logo, seems like something new or altered.

Me too.  It does match the moustached devil if you reverse the red and black.

14 hours ago, legend-1 said:

They really nailed that Chinese knock off look.

I think it was for a youth team somewhere. It is number 23 and the name “Obu” is on the back. I got it on eBay years ago for a daughter to wear. It’s unique.  I think the jersey sold for $1.75 plus shipping. I had less than $5 in it. We have this whole backstory of the legend of Obu when people would comment at games

Edited by super_dave_1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jb_online said:

It's the upward point-of-view of the last thing a sausage sees when Brind'Amour is carbo-loading before a workout.

I cant get past the use of the "what a sausage sees" example

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 9:46 AM, slapshot02 said:

Related image

That reminds me of the new logo the Bakersfield Condors unveiled a couple years ago (on April 1st).   Ugly, but just believable enough to look like someone "tried" to make it good.

CondorsPrank.jpg

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

Hideous and trying too hard for a Hartford Whalers logo vibe

And don't even get me started on the nod to Les Habitants' logo (C/H). Yuck.

Edited by top-shelf-1
typo

On 6/3/2018 at 9:12 PM, LakeLivin said:

I've posted this before, here it is again in the hopes that the powers that be might see it.  I'd still make the crest a bit fatter (rounder).

EDIT: the following is proposed as our regular home uni, not as an alternate.  Stay with the black for those

I could not agree with you more, except to deepen the red on the hem flags.  This reminds me of the former Canucks sweaters, one of which I owned when I lived in Washington.  Also, I like the black as alternates (and dislike our current uniforms, which look like red Leafs (home) and wannabe Canadiens (away)).

Edited by mdover95
correct misspelling

22 minutes ago, caniac82-ch1 said:

So, the day is here. First, i can't wait for the draft tonight. Second, does anyone know what the crest of the new 3rd will look like?  ?

Not yet I don't believe?

What is it they don't like about those flags? Would of been better along the bottom with the flag border even in the ghosted look.

C+