The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
caniac82-ch1

New 3rd jersey design

I have to agree this jersey is highly disappointing and very bland.  

I get that we aren’t a marquee team but man they went super cheap to design all of our jerseys.  Haven’t bought an adidas one and definitely won’t now.

It's decent.  The ghosted warning flags inside the collar are pointless - they might as well be pointing out the font on the tag and the color of their shoulder pads.  Who gives a crap about stuff on their swe aters that nobody will even be able to see?

What am i doing wrong that i can't find this?

sneak.jpg

It is not what I was thinking with the teaser hints. I like that we are back in black and didn't go from that. I like the state outline between the flags. But to me it just seems like it needs a touch more color somewhere. Almost all of the detail is hidden or ghosted. This is the same crew that did our home uniforms so clearly they like simple, and stripes. I think they need a touch more of something. Maybe the blocks along the bottom, maybe slightly less ghosted ghosts on the shoulders, I don't know. 

I agree that while the primary logo is now more technically correct, it is less aesthetically pleasing than the more squared one flag.

Finally, why no full on back view? They want me to buy it but don't show front and back?

All of that said, they'll probably grow on me. 

10 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

What am i doing wrong that i can't find this?

sneak.jpg

Hmm, I don’t see it either.  That looks like the grey at the shoulders, but I don’t see anything that resembles those red and black points near there...?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OBXer said:

It was worth the read if only to get to this link

Paul Lukas' favorite Hurricanes jersey is still this one.

I’ve seen quite a few of the Honeymooners episodes over the years, but don’t recall that scene.  Funny!  CanesVision needs to incorporate that into some of the Canes Jumbotron clips!

• Like 5

I know some folks are commenting on the "blandness" of the front logo.  Nothing is worse than jersey that is on the "busy" side that prompts seizure warnings (see Coyotes throwback) or makes you reach for the barf bag. I get the comments on the should area though.  Not a bad jersey...perhaps could be better but could be worse.  Some of the other prototypes were promising but it is what it is.  Keep it simple, keep it black.

1 hour ago, Red_Storm said:

Hmm, I don’t see it either.  That looks like the grey at the shoulders, but I don’t see anything that resembles those red and black points near there...?

The link cc posted a couple of pages back nails each of the teased pics on the new sweaters. 

15 hours ago, Bonivan said:

Placing outline of NC between flags is good idea

If they hadn't mentioned and shown where it was, I would not have known it was there.

11 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

The link cc posted a couple of pages back nails each of the teased pics on the new sweaters. 

It's a good writeup and good speculation, but i still don't see the red and black coming to points like that anywhere on that sweater.  He surmises it's the top of the blade of the stick, but it's not close, IMO.

The logo is just so long and vertical, it's unusual. With nothing else really anywhere it also draws the eye to it. Not that this is bad. It will be interesting to see the whole thing live. I still think it will grow on me. Of course no one should care about what I think, because I'm about as far from a graphic design expert as a person could be. I do want to see a full shot of the back of the thing though.

14 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

It's a good writeup and good speculation, but i still don't see the red and black coming to points like that anywhere on that sweater.  He surmises it's the top of the blade of the stick, but it's not close, IMO.

I agree. On closer inspection, I think that pic is a RED herring.

3 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I agree. On closer inspection, I think that pic is a RED herring.

He does say something about a red herring but it's sneaky.  Ultimately it doesn't matter what that pic is, but i'm still curious.

Just now, realmdrakkar said:

He does say something about a red herring but it's sneaky.  Ultimately it doesn't matter what that pic is, but i'm still curious.

Me too. Then again, I'm a logo/font/design geek.

Overall I like them. I would of made the Logo larger and wider.  Like the state idea incorporated into the sweater. Red and black blocks on the bottom would of made all the difference and set this Jersey off. Svechnikov will look great on the back of that jersey.

Edited by slapshot02

I like the idea of a hockey stick as the flag mast, but the implementation looks a bit off to me for some reason.  Maybe it's that the stick blade is too short in relation to the flags?  I think I'd like it better with a regular mast which would allow you to slide the crest up more on the chest instead of right in the middle of the jersey.  But all in all, I like it so far.  I'll hold off a final opinion until I see it on the ice, though.