The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canesfanforever

Cap increases next season , who gets paid ?

when you look at who we have as rfas or ufas  for next season everyone's guess is as good as mine on who stays and who goes  but among the players  if they were to stay here is who we have so far. 

Di Giuseppe

Lindholm

Nordstrom

Ryan

Stempniak

Dahlbeck

Hanifin

van Riemsdyk

Ward

so the question is  among the players here ,  what amount  would you say  any of these players are getting paid come next season . 

something fun to speculate  , even if they are not canes next season . 

lindholm i could see him getting 3 

hanifin 5  or 7 

van Riemsdyk  less than  he is making now .

ward would get less than he is making now  . 

everyone else i dont know for sure . 

Edited by Canesfanforever

I dont know who will but I would welcome back 

PDG

Lindholm

TVR

And Hanifin of that group.

Value would come into play but if the contracts are reasonable that would be my list. I would have no problem with Cam coming back either but I feel like that bridge is burnt and unless we could off load Darling I dont see where he would fit. I am not as down on PDG as a lot guys here seem to be. I think he played very well with Skinner and Lindholm late in the year and would like to see them together as a line next season maybe the 3rd line. Nordstrom has some value on a true checking line  but Peters never ran one and I dont see him being extended unless Roddy is putting together one. Dalhbeck is gone over seas, Stemp is done and Ryan never was.

17 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

I dont know who will but I would welcome back 

PDG

Lindholm

TVR

And Hanifin of that group.

Value would come into play but if the contracts are reasonable that would be my list. I would have no problem with Cam coming back either but I feel like that bridge is burnt and unless we could off load Darling I dont see where he would fit. I am not as down on PDG as a lot guys here seem to be. I think he played very well with Skinner and Lindholm late in the year and would like to see them together as a line next season maybe the 3rd line. Nordstrom has some value on a true checking line  but Peters never ran one and I dont see him being extended unless Roddy is putting together one. Dalhbeck is gone over seas, Stemp is done and Ryan never was.

darling is still in contract , i wanted to  focus oh who we have   right now come july 1st  on how much they could be getting .  id say if 7 mil is not what hanifin wants and he wants more than that , then by all means  TRADE , but it just might be  the guy would settle for less   , i dont think  hanifin is greedy by any measure , or at least i hope not . 

1 hour ago, Canesfanforever said:

darling is still in contract , i wanted to  focus oh who we have   right now come july 1st  on how much they could be getting .  id say if 7 mil is not what hanifin wants and he wants more than that , then by all means  TRADE , but it just might be  the guy would settle for less   , i dont think  hanifin is greedy by any measure , or at least i hope not . 

Is that total of $7 mil for 2 years or 3 years?

Edited by LakeLivin