The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes0506

Senators are a mess and won’t be getting better

Geez this story about Karlsson’s wife having to file a restraining order against Hoffman’s Fiance.  Mrs. Karlsson alleging the Hoffman’s girl has berated her, wish her baby ill health,  even creating fake Twitter accounts to troll her (even about the death of their child). A few wives of Senators players coming to Mrs Karlsson’s side. They are to some extent confirming the allegations.

Hoffman is backing his lady.  In the end, they have to move him. Although they won’t get any kind of return. Mike will be black listed next offseason.

talk about a bad situation for EK.  Even more so a really bad image for the Senators.  

Edited by gocanes0506

I have not read the details about this, but I'm always on the lookout for a steal. 

On the hockey side, Hoffman is a 30 goal guy. He has a modified NTC (lists 10 teams he won't go to), so if disaster struck he could be traded. He is fast, with an amazing ability to score from a ways out, which is good for a team that doesn't always like to go to the net. Age-wise he's in his prime. 

Also, I've got this notion that scorers playing in Ottawa's lock down system could bust out in a new system. Also, I think we need about a two year bridging vet as our yutes fully round into form. So in two years as Foegele, Kuok, Roy, Necas, Svech, etc have to be paid, Hoffman would come off the books. And again, if we needed his cap space he can be moved to 21 teams.

This stuff involved his girlfriend, and him backing her, is common sense. He either backs her or dumps her, there really isn't a middle ground. 

Again, I don't know how much of this would risk things here, but if we could add this guy without giving much up, it would instantly bump things on the ice. 

Again, if the details really suggest Hoffman himself lack character, then never mind. I don't want to upset the room, so if that is a major issue, then never mind. But this is a player I've had on my radar for a while.

I'd also been thinking that Hoffman might be the most likely non-goalie trade acquisition for the Canes.  No idea how this issue would affect things.  :huh:

I think what might overlooked by y'all is the similarity of the event from which the Karlsson's suffered(a stillborn child) to those of our own Staal's. If any of the allegations surrounding this bizarre chain of events are true, I can't imagine Jordan being very receptive, no matter how many goals Hoffman scores?

I see in no way that Hoffman is welcome here with Staal having a similar situation.  Based on the situation and the unfortunate outcome of the Karlsson's child birth, I would expect Hoffman to be bought out if these accusations are true. Hoffman will be untradeable as he has led to a cancerous situation in Ottawa.  As long as he stands by his lady, he will be black listed and not touched by a NHL organization.  Hoffman would indeed be traded if he cut ties with his fiance because he would still be associated with the situation in Ottawa.  Still dont see here as a viable spot even at the bargain price.

So bizarre. 

But I agree, he's too big of a risk. If this stuff is true, he'd be radioactive. Might not be, but who would make that up? Yeah, stay clear. Keep looking at ROR, and others.