The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Trade- Lindholm and Hanifin

We are finalizing a trade with Calgary involving Lindholm, supposedly.  McKenzie saying we are at central registry with Calgary 

Edited by gocanes0506

1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

We’ve been over this, it isn’t an individual decision.  Its group think and group approved

Well you had better enjoy another year of missing the playoffs again and again till the canes get relocated  after 7 years of that mess !

2 minutes ago, remkin said:

Was the trade announced, or was it the Tavares thing CFF?

There is talk about the canes  trading Hanifin  , It is the DUMBEST thing I heard so far.  Unless the Canes are getting back a Goalie Better than anyone in the Metro I dont care what people say . it's a Dumb Trade  to get rid of Hanifin !!!

Not sure how I'm feeling on this. These certainly weren't the 2 I envisioned that could stand a change of venue. Dougie Hamilton could influence the room though if this is done? Give me a clue about these other 2?

4 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

There is talk about the canes  trading Hanifin  , It is the DUMBEST thing I heard so far.  Unless the Canes are getting back a Goalie Better than anyone in the Metro I dont care what people say . it's a Dumb Trade  to get rid of Hanifin !!!

Great deal coming back!

hamilton- scores more goals than lindy

Ferland- more goals than Lindholm

fox- best defensive prospect in Calgary, has rave reviews from calgary media. Had a strong year at Harvard.

this frees up TVR and Faulk for trades.  Faulk is definitely gone!  TVR could be gone.  Hamilton and Pesce down the right side would be solid.  A McKeown third pair would be okay.

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Now it is Lindholm and Hanifin going to Calgary. Probably for Hamilton 

I'd love to get Hamilton, but both Hanifin and Lindholm seems like a steep price.  I'd hope that we'd get another nice piece coming back.  Hamilton would free us up to move Faulk while upgrading the position. 

5 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

BD58, is that you?

Just now, LakeLivin said:

I'd love to get Hamilton, but both Hanifin and Lindholm seems like a steep price.  I'd hope that we'd get another nice piece coming back.  Hamilton would free us up to move Faulk while upgrading the position. 

It's a done deal...Dougie Hamilton, Michael Ferland, and that Fox guy for Lindholm and Hanifin.

Dumping Lindy means I'm on the "keep Skinner" bandwagon now...Faulk can go away for a good goalie at this point.

• Like 3

Just now, LakeLivin said:

Yes a steep price, but if correct, the report from yesterday was Lindholm talks "not going well". Was he a problem child? Hamilton Said to have possible issues? anyone know better? 

1 minute ago, KJUNKANE said:

Yes a steep price, but if correct, the report from yesterday was Lindholm talks "not going well". Was he a problem child? Hamilton Said to have possible issues? anyone know better? 

I've heard rumors on Dougie from his days in Boston...but I never heard the same from Calgary, other than he just didn't seem to fit in well with their defensive scheme.