The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Trade- Lindholm and Hanifin

1 minute ago, Canesfanforever said:

Well , here is another year of picking in the top 15 next year .  cya guys !

Back away from the ledge dude...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

I've heard rumors on Dougie from his days in Boston...but I never heard the same from Calgary, other than he just didn't seem to fit in well with their defensive scheme.

Maybe Rod can bring out his best? I like this trade personally. Now, just get us a Damn goalie? Didn't I hear Waddell or someone say that the "goalie situation would be settled in 7-10 days", or was that just a dream?

And Cff, why are you playing that tune? Not like these 2 were the cornerstone of this team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KJUNKANE said:

Maybe Rod can bring out his best? I like this trade personally. Now, just get us a Damn goalie? Didn't I hear Waddell or someone say that the "goalie situation would be settled in 7-10 days", or was that just a dream?

And Cff, why are you playing that tune? Not like these 2 were the cornerstone of this team.

Well, if we don't get the goalie situation solved soon (i.e. by 15 July), we need to at least re-up Cam for a 1 year contract as an insurance policy...if we are going into the season with just Mongo having NHL level experience in net, we might as well start talking lottery pick for this time next year.

Ferland will be a great addition to the Staal line or Necas lines  He is a hitter that puts up 20 goals.  A late bloomer that Calgary wont be able to afford to re-sign.

Y’all want a move to be made. Predictably when it happens you’ll b and m about it. What a joke

• Like 4

I like the idea of a gritty/physical forward creating space for others. Sounds like an upgraded version of McGinn or something along those lines. If it worked for Gaudreau....

Just now, iceman11 said:

Hopefully, there is another shoe to drop nf the cnes get some offensive help for Faulk.  

Seems like canes return is a bit light to me 

They traded to RFAs that presumably have re-signing issues for a better RHD than Faulk, a 20 goal scoring winger and the best defensive prospect Calgary had.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

You dont trade away a guy like Hanifin who is an elite talent for  2 guys  that are not  going to bring you back the same return Value  and a possible  guy in Fox  who might be a great player but  no guarantee that will play for the Canes when he could easily  go Free Agent .   If it happens then okay  but  I think Hanifin could of at least fetched the canes  a Goalie of Value  but now it's over . 

1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

They traded to RFAs that presumably have re-signing issues for a better RHD than Faulk, a 20 goal scoring winger and the best defensive prospect Calgary had.

I was just about to post the same thing. Great minds think alike.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

You dont trade away a guy like Hanifin who is an elite talent for  2 guys  that are not  going to bring you back the same return Value  and a possible  guy in Fox  who might be a great player but  no guarantee that will play for the Canes when he could easily  go Free Agent .   If it happens then okay  but  I think Hanifin could of at least fetched the canes  a Goalie of Value  but now it's over . 

Mabye there were no goalies available. What are we supposed to do, let him walk next year for nothing?

Just now, Canesfanforever said:

You dont trade away a guy like Hanifin who is an elite talent 

Not sure I'd call Hanifin elite at this point.... He certainly has that potential and is developing, but he's not at that level right now. Canes traded some "potential" for a little more "proven" without going too crazy. I'll take it.

• Like 5

Ok, Hanifin MIGHT be elite talent, but he sure as hell hasn't been playing like it his entire tenure with us.  Maybe Faulk's defensive breakdown bad habits wore off on him, because he had some highlight-worthy boneheaded turnovers in the past few seasons.  And given his contract dealing woes here, a change of scenery was pretty much in the bag.

Best of luck to both of them.

NOW...

This trade has me PUMPED because we just upgraded on physicality...which has been a oft-forgotten issue we've been dealing with for the better part of this decade.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Are you reading anything anyone is posting or just shooting from the hip there Cff? 

If Fox can come in and play for the Canes  , and that is a big IF .   Then  I can see some upside to the trade because then you can have him along side with Bean in the Future and that would be  lights out for the D-Line .   But I have my doubts . 

13 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Back away from the ledge dude...

Back away from?? Dude arrived on the ledge and the only thing keeping him there at this point is a fingernail...

There was no reason to trade away Hanifin.  His contract demands must’ve been too steep for the Canes.  He is probably the best player in the trade for both sides.

Waddell being interviewed on the floor at the draft right now on NHL-N...basically said the trade was made cause he's sick of the playoff drought and he wants to give us a chance to win now as well as the future (Fox).