The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Trade- Lindholm and Hanifin

1 minute ago, iceman11 said:

There was no reason to trade away Hanifin.  His contract demands must’ve been too steep for the Canes.  He is probably the best player in the trade for both sides.

He was .   There is potential for Fox  to be that  return  value  but  that is if he comes and wants to play for the canes . 

8 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

I was just about to post the same thing. Great minds think alike.

Some minds think alike

Hamilton and Ferland scored a combined 49 goals last year, almost twice as many as the 26 by Lindholm and Hanifin.

Hamilton and Ferland are more physical than Lindholm and Hanifin.

Hamilton and Ferland don't have the contract issues that Lindholm and Hanifin have.

Great prospect in Fox.

With Hamilton, we can trade Faulk.

What's not to like about this?

Edited by spyglass88
  • Like 6

Good deal. Hamilton puts up more points than Hanifin has to date. Some people want size? Hamilton is 6'6 and not afraid to hit. We need some of dat. We strengthened our left wing  with  Ferland who added 21 goals last year and 41 pts. I can totally see this trade as IMO opinion Aho will be moved to center meaning Lindholm would of been an expensive 3rd line center. Lindholm became expendable with the signing of  Svechnikov and him being a right winger.  We now have Williams TT and Svech on the right wing. 

I liked Lindholm, but I think this is a good trade.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iceman11 said:

There was no reason to trade away Hanifin.  His contract demands must’ve been too steep for the Canes.  He is probably the best player in the trade for both sides.

Contract demands seem to me to be a relative term, iceman11. If a player produces, than they are rewarded. Hanifin has not, and did not, just that simple. 

Another thing is a question of "heart" Eric Cole went on about that for about 5 minutes last night at Draft Party. He knows about that ideal in spades, wouldn't you think? He implied that the team lacked and has lacked that for awhile. Might Lindholm/Hanifin be guilty of that attribute?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cc said:

Y’all want a move to be made. Predictably when it happens you’ll b and m about it. What a joke

This.

Between last summer and this, I think the org is sending a clear message: If you want to play around on re-signing and don't yet have the resume to justify your demands, you're expendable. Hanifin clearly wanted out. Sayonara. Enjoy -30, Noah, and just keep repeating, "Yeah, but it's Celsius... Yeah, but it's Celsius..." (Unless of course it's your +/-) How's that Bruins dream workin' out for ya?

Lindy is arguably worth $5 million, but I'd like to see him put it together for a full year before doing that. He clearly wouldn't budge--so we budged him.  

Edited by top-shelf-1
extraneous word
  • Like 3

Trade really depends on how good Hanifin ends up being.  The organization once traded away a young Chris Pronger because they lost patience with his development 

6 minutes ago, iceman11 said:

He has strengths and potential but he hasn't met that potential yet and can't defend his way out of a paper bag.  I may eat my words in the future, but for now i have nothing but good to say about this deal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iceman11 said:

I could live with this trade, but if they trade Skinner, I’ll be ******.  

Depends on the return. A bonafide #1 keeper? Where do I sign? But yeah, this trade could negate moving Jeff. 

• Like 1

Just now, iceman11 said:

Trade really depends on how good Hanifin ends up being.  The organization once traded away a young Chris Pronger because they lost patience with his development 

True, and we'll see in this case. After ( years of waiting, I would like to see results rather than potential.

5 minutes ago, spyglass88 said:

Hamilton and Ferland scored a combined 49 goals last year, almost twice as many as the 26 by Lindholm and Hanifin.

Hamilton and Ferland don't have the contract issues that Lindholm and Hanifin have.

Great prospect in Fox.

Love it!

2 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Might Lindholm/Hanifin be guilty of that attribute?

Bingo .   Players that don’t have this will be identified by Roddy and be gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spyglass88 said:

Hamilton and Ferland scored a combined 49 goals last year, compared to 26 by Lindholm and Hanifin—almost twice as many.

Great prospect in Fox.

Okay for the short term you get two  guys  that can play and do some good  for the now  ,  I never saw lindy  as a Top 6 guy  ,  But Hanifin   with his youth   being only 21  and the Upside to his talent he is only going to get better  ,  Fox  has potential  to be an amazing player but  if he chooses  to do what Jack *edit* Johnson  did to us  we are not only out of a player but Lost and Asset that could better the Canes in the long run .  That is not  how you make a team better long term .    We basically gave away our future in Hanifin for  a Hopeful  return in Fox when I look at this .    The Canes possibly got Screwed out of Getting a Goalie for Hanifin .  

I'd prefer to keep Skins now...but if we can dump Faulk for a good goalie AND a solid 2/3 D-man (assuming the top D-line is Dougie/Slavin), then I'm on that like a fly on...

1 minute ago, Canesfanforever said:

Okay for the short term you get two  guys  that can play and do some good  for the now  ,  I never saw lindy  as a Top 6 guy  ,  But Hanifin   with his youth   being only 21  and the Upside to his talent he is only going to get better  ,  Fox  has potential  to be an amazing player but  if he chooses  to do what Jack *edit* Johnson  did to us  we are not only out of a player but Lost and Asset that could better the Canes in the long run .  That is not  how you make a team better long term .    We basically gave away our future in Hanifin for  a Hopeful  return in Fox when I look at this .    The Canes possibly got Screwed out of Getting a Goalie for Hanifin .  

Ummm...you realize we have other good names we can trade for goalies, right?  It's not like we just traded the face of the franchise!  Take a breath...we'll be fine.

Changes were needed to shake things up.  That is why everyone was upset with Francis for not making any changes when it was blatantly obvious that something was off with the team last year

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

I'd prefer to keep Skins now...but if we can dump Faulk for a good goalie AND a solid 2/3 D-man (assuming the top D-line is Dougie/Slavin), then I'm on that like a fly on...

We are not getting a good goalie for Faulk.   Maybe we could have with Hanifin but not anymore . 

2 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

You seem to not be able to identify Hamilton's ability. He's only 25 and is a hell of a lot more physical than Hanifin will ever be. Could be one reason for his trade.  https://www.nhl.com/player/dougie-hamilton-8476462

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Even if you take Fox out of the picture, I'm not sure that we still didn't get the better end of the trade.

• Like 2

We are not getting a good goalie for Faulk.   Maybe we could have with Hanifin but not anymore . 

I've gotta ask...what are you smoking that you feel that Hanifin could've been offloaded for a solid #1 goalie?

1 minute ago, spyglass88 said:

Even if you take Fox out of the picture, I'm not sure that we still didn't get the better end of the trade.

A lot more points on our board! .....without Fox.

What are you not understanding, Cff? There's not a "good goalie" to be had, no one wants to trade them and several are looking? And Hanifin, no matter in what high esteem you see him, wasn't going to get you one.

7 minutes ago, iceman11 said:

You can't assess trades based on future performance. The key question has to be, "What have you done for me lately/might you do for me now." Wringing hands over trading away guys who eventually have great careers is about as useful evaluating past drafts. They're history. Move on.