The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Trade- Lindholm and Hanifin

Just now, AWACSooner said:

I've gotta ask...what are you smoking that you feel that Hanifin could've been offloaded for a solid #1 goalie?

What makes you think we are going to get anything back for Faulk is the better question ! Hanifin is  MILES  better than Faulk !

2 minutes ago, spyglass88 said:

Even if you take Fox out of the picture, I'm not sure that we still didn't get the better end of the trade.

I think we did, Fox or no Fox - Fox is just icing, if it happens.  We just got more-physical, added more goal scoring, and traded away two guys who we apparently weren't on the same page with.

• Like 2

If you think this trade's bad then you're thinking of Lindholm and Hanifin in terms of what they shoulda been but never became. Smoke's beginning to clear the room.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Canesfanforever said:

What makes you think we are going to get anything back for Faulk is the better question ! Hanifin is  MILES  better than Faulk !

Well, Faulk at least has a resume that includes some ASG's and Olympics...and some point production...

Meanwhile, Noah has...…………………………………………..potential.

11 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

True, and we'll see in this case. After ( years of waiting, I would like to see results rather than potential.

As George Allen said, " The future is now".

1 minute ago, legend-1 said:

If you think this trade's bad then you're thinking of Lindholm and Hanifin in terms of what they shoulda been but never became. Smoke's beginning to clear the room.

That has to be one of the most IGNORANT  statements  i have read so far.   Some players take some time to develop to become better .  with lindy i can understand why you would say that but with Hanifin ??????   Let me guess ,  You  don't put  much research into  Training and Development  do you when it comes to talent ? 

As for Fox.  If we get to him and get him to agree to a deal: it spells the end of TVR too.  Fox is RHD.  I think he didn’t sign with Calgary because he didn’t have a roster shot in the near future.  

Bring McKeown in for this season and let Fox come on when the NCAA season is over.

That has to be one of the most IGNORANT  statements  i have read so far.   Some players take some time to develop to become better .  with lindy i can understand why you would say that but with Hanifin ??????   Let me guess ,  You  don't put  much research into  Training and Development  do you when it comes to talent ? 

I'd trust a guy's opinion on here who has nearly 8K posts and is one of our most respected members than someone who  has 350 posts and is full of doom and gloom...just sayin.

2 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

If you think it's ignorant, must be genius.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

Trading Lindy at this point is a lot like trading Ladd when we did.

Good analogy in terms of the player's potential. Given the return and the other trading options it opens for us, however, I'm elated. This org is finally getting off the dime.

4 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Right now the future of the Hurricanes  because of Committee  Image result for how to make a noose meme

Well, there are plenty of other teams' bandwagons you can jump on...

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Well, there are plenty of other teams' bandwagons you can jump on...

Are you serious ?   The CAROLINA HURRICANES  are my team .  There is no other   teams for me .   I just so happen to NOT  want to see the team get relocated like the Thrashers did .   

Just now, Canesfanforever said:

Are you serious ?   The CAROLINA HURRICANES  are my team .  There is no other   teams for me .   I just so happen to NOT  want to see the team get relocated like the Thrashers did .   

Why are we still discussing relocation?  Dundon came out and said it wasn't happening...Gary Bettman came out and said it wasn't happening.  The only ones who still are talking it are the morons in Quebec and their Canadian media puppets!

38 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Ok, Hanifin MIGHT be elite talent, but he sure as hell hasn't been playing like it his entire tenure with us.  Maybe Faulk's defensive breakdown bad habits wore off on him, because he had some highlight-worthy boneheaded turnovers in the past few seasons.  And given his contract dealing woes here, a change of scenery was pretty much in the bag.

Best of luck to both of them.

NOW...

This trade has me PUMPED because we just upgraded on physicality...which has been a oft-forgotten issue we've been dealing with for the better part of this decade.

If we just upped our physical play than I am excited.  I feel we just traded away our 1C though.  I'm on the fence.

2 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Words are useless if there is no Actions to prove it , and last time i checked Actions speak louder than words . 

The trade just showed his action. Hanifin had no physical aspect to his game. We just got two guys who will stand up for their team mates and not let teams push us around.

Edited by slapshot02
  • Like 1

Words are useless if there is no Actions to prove it , and last time i checked Actions speak louder than words . 

I believe he just backed it up. They were playing contract hardball.  He said ‘cya’

• Like 1