The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Hurricanes Development Camp

I wish I could go to this if only to see Fox and Geekie and of course Andrei Svechnikov

All on ice sessions are open to the public

• Like 1

a lot of talent there without counting the invitees

Helvig

Bean

Fox

Geekie

Mattheos

Eetu the forward

Svech

Drury

Necas

Martin

Man I wish i lived near Raleigh sometimes, or even charlotte with how stacked they should be again this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Helvig

Bean

Fox

Geekie

Mattheos

Eetu the forward

Svech

Drury

Necas

Martin

Man I wish i lived near Raleigh sometimes, or even charlotte with how stacked they should be again this year.

I live in Raleigh  . the drive to pnc arena is  15 mins or less .  depends on traffic really . 

It might not mean anything as both guys may never make it to the big club, but I believe Adam Fox is good friends with Luke Martin (our second rounder from last year?).

Before this year's draft and with addition of Fox we hold the 3rd best prospect (Necas) and the 36th best prospect in hockey (Fox)

Once the season starts and those on rosters fall of the list plus non nhl draftees from the 2018 draft, the rankings will change.  I'd bet Fox moves up.  

I think it's a good sign that Fox is coming to camp. If I remember correctly NCAA players have to pay their own way to these camps to keep their amateur status. It's a chance for Fox to interview the Canes, & the Canes to interview / sell him on becoming a Cane!

17 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Helvig

Bean

Fox

Geekie

Mattheos

Eetu the forward

Svech

Drury

Necas

Martin

That would be my list too, out of town, but I’ve really enjoyed this camp, especially the scrimmage. The top prospects tend to stand out. 

16 hours ago, Kyrule said:

It might not mean anything as both guys may never make it to the big club, but I believe Adam Fox is good friends with Luke Martin (our second rounder from last year?).

Yes  , Fox wont be playing for the canes this coming season but   the year  after that he might .  We drafted Jack  Drury  for a reason .  Drury wants to play for the canes and  even he knows he is not able to play right away  and that he needs more time to develop in order to hopefully make it one day .   Drury is going to be playing in Harvard this year , Guess else is ,  Adam Fox  .   So if jack  and Adam  become good friends and they  work well together and get some chemistry with each out there when they play with each other  this season in Harvard  ,  The Canes will have Jack  and Adam  working side by side with each other wanting the same thing and that is to play for the Canes .   Also Don Waddell has gone through this countless times  as a gm before with other kids and has managed to get them to want to play for him in the end , Waddell  has said  that you have to develop a good relationship with the player and their family  and it all works out in the end .  

31 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

word on the twittersphere that Necas is 6'2 185 now.  About 13 pounds heavier than before.  Better.  

With 3 months still to go before the season starts. That's awesome news if it's true!

Necas will be with the big club this year, mark it down.  he was not out of place at IIHF tournament at all.  Once of the Czech Republic's better players.

55 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

With 3 months still to go before the season starts. That's awesome news if it's true!

On 6/26/2018 at 11:29 AM, Canesfanforever said:

We drafted Jack  Drury  for a reason .   So if jack  and Adam  become good friends and they  work well together and get some chemistry with each out there when they play with each other  this season in Harvard  ,  The Canes will have Jack  and Adam  working side by side with each other wanting the same thing and that is to play for the Canes .  

I am sorry but I really dont think we would draft players just to be playground buddies.  But who knows.  I consider his pedigree and this connection more relevant. "His father, Ted, starred at Harvard — with Tripp Tracy and Jason Karmanos, among others — and played 414 games in the NHL, including 40 for the Hartford Whalers."

4 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

word on the twittersphere that Necas is 6'2 185 now.  About 13 pounds heavier than before.  Better.  

I mentioned during the worlds that he looked bigger, particularly taller.

There is a moment in the new “Canes development testing” video where Necas is standing next to Svechnikov and they are talking. Unless it is a camera angle thing or they are standing on uneven ground, Necas looks to be the same height or taller. Shoulder height is higher. I know this is a small thing but not much else to talk about right now.

• Like 1

Luke DeCock is laying high praise for Necas. Granted he isn’t the end all, be all for hockey perspectives.  Still saying the kid doesn’t belong after being there for 11 minutes. Saying Necas is on another planet, skills wise.

further cementing his inclusion on the big squad this year.

21 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Luke DeCock is laying high praise for Necas. Granted he isn’t the end all, be all for hockey perspectives.  Still saying the kid doesn’t belong after being there for 11 minutes. Saying Necas is on another planet, skills wise.

further cementing his inclusion on the big squad this year.

The only question is who he centers.... Aho - Necas - Turbo would be a crazy fast line!!!

Went to the practice tonight. Lots of chemistry already between Svetch and Necas. Both extremely impressive. Bean and Fox were looking very good as well.  

Don't know who the skating coach is, but he is wildly good. The crowd broke out into applause each time he demonstrated a drill for the players. 

Also nice to see Tim Gleason back on ice tonight as a coach.

Edited by spyglass88
  • Like 4

Thanks to anyone providing information regarding development camp, please share your thoughts and observations for those that can’t be there.

• Like 3