Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Hurricanes Development Camp

Recommended Posts

Fox showed some nice defensive moves last night, such as stripping the puck from the O guy and making it look easy. He seemed a tad out of shape as he was blowing pretty hard in some of the closing drills, but that's understandable being in between his college seasons. Bean also was impressive, especially on the offensive end. He's a great skater and handles his stick really well. 

 

I could see these two guys playing together since Fox is a RHD and Bean is a LHD. With some development, they could be one of the best D pairings we've ever had.

 

Of course, I realize that this is based only on observing one practice ?

Edited by spyglass88
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, spyglass88 said:

Fox showed some nice defensive moves last night, such as stripping the puck from the O guy and making it look easy. He seemed a tad out of shape as he was blowing pretty hard in some of the closing drills, but that's understandable being in between his college seasons. Bean also was impressive, especially on the offensive end. He's a great skater and handles his stick really well. 

 

I could see these two guys playing together since Fox is a RHD and Bean is a LHD. With some development, they could be one of the best D pairings we've ever had.

 

Of course, I realize that this is based only on observing one practice ?

You are not wrong about that opinion , I've been saying that since I found out Fox will be Signing a Contract in the future with the Canes  . Once I found that out  I was Already saying Bean and Fox would be  a sick line  with each other .  I'm just glad other people are seeing that too .  And as for Bean I've been sold on him for years now .He will be a great Cane in the Future .    We already have  Necas  , Svechnikov showing chemistry  , Bean and Fox doing the same ,   Svechnikov Showing Chemistry with Drury  .   The Canes are going to be good again  .  Now the key is making sure we dont rush any of them and ruin players like we did in the past .  The Culture Change is upon us soon ! 

Edited by Canesfanforever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks spyglass for the observations. I also appreciate anyone’s thoughts or comments who was at camp.

 

CanesCountry has a write up on some of development standouts. They mentioned how great Necas and Svech looked. Also commented on Bean looking more confident, though still project him for Charlotte. Also mentioned Morgan Geekie was a standout.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rocheccw said:

Did anyone interview Fox?

 

Please post if you find one...

 

The only quote I saw from him was “I think I will be going to bed early tonight” after the physical testing.

 

I would like to see an interview as well, if nothing else, to make me feel more optimistic that he will sign here even though it wouldn’t really mean anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, remkin said:

Also commented on Bean looking more confident, though still project him for Charlotte.

I do not foresee any Canes' D man making the NHL roster again without at least a year in the A, no matter how good they are perceived to be. I only hope we are smart enough to take the same path with forwards. We are certainly deep enough to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully I will be able to make it out there today If anyone else on here is coming to the arena .  I will be the Guy with the Black pants  with  a old Carolina Hurricanes home jersey in white  from 2000  era .    wearing a   White hat with a Blue trim .   I will have Glasses  .   Say my name  Canes Fan Forever  and if i hear you I will  raise my hand waving hello lol . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rocheccw said:

Did anyone interview Fox?

 

Please post if you find one...

 

The new videos put on the main site from development camp include one with Adam Fox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious that Mongo was brought in Day 2 as a guest speaker. I suspect it was done more as a part of his own confidence re-build than it was to impress the kids. What could he tell them except what not to do and where not to eat?

71D28FA9-204B-424D-B9E5-D99964462390.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at this point you can either s where you eat or get behind what you have and hope to raise it up. Continuing to bash and beat the drum helps NO ONE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to evening session yesterday.  Svech and Necas clearly light years better than most of these guys.  I noticed Bean a lot too.  A lot of guys trying their butts off.

 

Necas with Svech after practice on a one timer drill, Necas saucer passing over for one timers...   Awesome...  on both parts.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hag65 said:

 

 

Necas with Svech after practice on a one timer drill, Necas saucer passing over for one timers...   Awesome...  on both parts.

 

 

 

I noticed that too.  On every good pass, Svech hit the exact same spot in the back of the goal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, raleighcaniac said:

Curious that Mongo was brought in Day 2 as a guest speaker. I suspect it was done more as a part of his own confidence re-build than it was to impress the kids. What could he tell them except what not to do and where not to eat?

71D28FA9-204B-424D-B9E5-D99964462390.jpeg

 

Well, the Darling has an inspirational story on getting to the NHL.  He can talk about that.  Most of these kids will never make it.  And he can add just how important it is to stay focused to stay at the NHL level.

 

Looks like we got Darls for a while, so I'm going to look at as many positives as possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Brindy - This week has been building towards Saturday's finale: the Canes Prospect Game, which will feature the prospects in as close to a game-like atmosphere as possible.

"You have to make it fun," Brind'Amour said. "These guys have worked hard this week, and I want them to enjoy their last game. I expect them to play hard."

 

 

Anyone going to the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

Planning to be there

 

Don't forget to let us know what you see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...