The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Hurricanes Development Camp

3 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

And with that bean scores.

They're probably the best offensive players on the ice.  Poor goaltender's not going to get much help from them, though.

Just now, slapshot02 said:

Think it was Necas on the power move with Svech on the post.

Thx. It was still nice

• Like 1

I had to look up Sellgren.  Left D-man from Sweden picked in the 5th round this year (just turned 20 yo).  Maybe another late round D find ala Pesce and Slavin?  :crossfingers:

Edited by LakeLivin

1 hour ago, realmdrakkar said:

You guys see LaFontaine's terrible puckhandling behind the net that led directly to a goal against?  Ouch.

I did but he never would have attempted that in a real game imo. The goalies were moving the puck as there were no face offs.

I was at the Event today talked to a few of the players  when getting an autograph  . I asked  Budy how  was the fortnite   thing they did last night and he said  they had fun but he was not so much into that game and then i asked him what system  did the coaches    teach them , and he said  that  they  were not taught any system ,  just to train and have some fun .     I said to Fora who the canes recently picked up i saw him on the canes web site ,   talked to Kucharski  and said to him that i heard reports that he was a great goalie  and during scrimmage i noticed he stone walled some players  which was nice to see lol .  Then i saw the man himself  Svechnikov   and said to him
" Welcome to the Carolina Hurricanes  " !   and he smiled and  said thank you  ,  Nice guy !  all of them are nice Guys !  then i got to talk to  Mike  Maniscalco   about future prospects   such as Alexis Lafreniere   who might be  up for grabs in the 2020 draft i think .  and Aito Iguchi from japan  who is a super star in the making .    and enjoyed that .  then i talked to Michael Smith for a bit and then  asked him if he ever played hockey  when he was younger and he said he played Roller Hockey .   Which was cool .  Over all i had a blast of a day .  I saw 3  to 5 guys  who  might make the team   if not this year   definitely within 2 years from now .    Fox  showed a thinking mans game with his passes   and man he is good  at it .   Bean Showed a very high hockey IQ   which was outstanding .   Svechnikov  tried to go for a deke  between the legs on a shoot out  but the ice  kept  puck off his  stick for the shot .    Drury Looked REALLY   skilled   on his top shelf try  .     Necas  is so going to be playing with the Canes . He  is SMART !!!  Same goes for Svechnikov but Necas really shined on his  attack on net .   The Fans were  enjoying the Whole event .  God I Love  being a CANES  FAN !  

Edited by Canesfanforever

My kid didn't give me much time to watch game itself. Luostarinen has good hands and good shot. Fora is big, I think he was the tallest on the ice. Fox is good on both sides. Svech and Necas are good but they tried to pass to each other too many times.