The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Dave Tippett  is  Hired to take over operations For The up and coming Club  that is Expected to have  an arena and be ushered into the NHL  by the year 2020 .   So expect another  expansion draft  by that time .    I do wonder what the team name will be , what their AHL  Affiliation  team will be and where and What the Seattle  colors will be , Who their GM might be .  

Should be interesting when more news on the development  comes .   I do Expect them to be placed in the Pacific  Division and   The Arizona Coyotes will be placed in the  Central Division giving and even team's per Division across the board  .  And Balancing it out .     

10 hours ago, surfzone365 said:

Hope he likes rain, seafood, and coffee ️ 

Is this Heaven? No it's Seattle.

Tippett will be their first coach.

Colors will involve emerald green and gold somehow...and I bet the team name will have something to do either with evergreens, aviation, or pot-smoking homeless hippies.

56 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Tippett will be their first coach.

Colors will involve emerald green and gold somehow...and I bet the team name will have something to do either with evergreens, aviation, or pot-smoking homeless hippies.

Pot-smoking Homeless Hippies would be a good team name in itself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Pot-smoking Homeless Hippies would be a good team name in itself.

Seattle Smoke

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, Canesfanforever said:

They could name their arena   Starbucks Arena or  Mircrosoft Arena  or something Seattle  brand named .

StarBoeingSoft Arena

Reading more about this in the Seattle Post today (actually an Oct 2 publication). I really hope the process is smooth and all goes well.  I am seriously planning my trip to The Northwest when the Canes make their first visit. Great city and an exciting NHL future.

Edited by surfzone365

12 hours ago, surfzone365 said:

Reading more about this in the Seattle Post today (actually an Oct 2 publication). I really hope the process is smooth and all goes well.  I am seriously planning my trip to The Northwest when the Canes make their first visit. Great city and an exciting NHL future.

It is a great city and should not have a problem attracting young life long fans.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:40 PM, cc said:

Seattle has its share of problems like every city. Just watch the news

Besides, they are on the Cascadia fault line, involving the Juan de Fuca plate, that may result in a major earthquake at some point. Not a very good feeling?

10 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Besides, they are on the Cascadia fault line, involving the Juan de Fuca plate, that may result in a major earthquake at some point. Not a very good feeling?

I actually had that feeling. I did my residency in Seattle and one day in the ER, everything started moving for about 5-10 minutes. Just like the ground was rolling. Very strange. In the end 3 years of rain drove us out. Beautiful in the summer though.

I was stationed in the Seattle area for three months.  The parking in the city was atrocious.  Going to a Mariners game was a pain.  The best option at the time was to park out of the city and take a 15-30 minute Ferry ride into the city. 

Nice city, plenty of overpriced food and beer to offer.  I enjoyed going to the AAA team in Tacoma more than trying my luck by going into the city. 

If anything, it should be a great geographical rival for Vancouver. 

Edited by gocanes0506

2 hours ago, remkin said:

I actually had that feeling. I did my residency in Seattle and one day in the ER, everything started moving for about 5-10 minutes. Just like the ground was rolling. Very strange. In the end 3 years of rain drove us out. Beautiful in the summer though.

rem, like gocanes0506, I too was there for about 60 days between my Jr and Sr years in med school, and was enthralled by its beauty that summer. Reading last night about the potential catastrophe that the area nonchalantly is facing related to the tectonic plate shift and the overwhelming tsunami that will follow was sobering to say the least. The periodicity of this over thousands of years that researchers have only recently been able to work out, although not precise by any means, left me feeling that the entire west coast is literally playing some form of Russian roulette? The report I read was from 2016, and left me feeling that an absence of proactive planning to any extent, even to planning escape routes will result in thousands of lives lost and an infrastructure in shambles for YEARS.