Poll: How have Waddell and Dundon done so far

Right track wrong track same track  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Vote Waddell and Dundons efforts

• Better than previous
    • Worse
    • Same crap as before

2 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Of all the little chachkies the teams given out how the bobbleheads are so beloved remains a mystery to me. Are they so terrible their good?

Speaking for myself: there is just something about the little buggers. The very first time I had tickets to a game with bobbleheads I was cynical. Why would a full grown man, who has no interest whatsoever in dolls or even toys, and usually just passes by the stuff they're handing out care about a bobblehead? As a result I didn't care that I got there late, and didn't get one. But as I saw them, and people's fascination with them, I wanted one. 

Next time I got one for me and one for my daughter. After that it became about collecting them. I'm not even a collector of things, yet I wanted to add to my collection. First just on the desk and eventually a shelf full of them.  The more I had, the cooler it seemed to have them. Yet I never do anything with them, hardly even look at them. Yet like having them there. 

I know, I need some help. But it's not just me. One game my brother made us late and I had promised one for my daughter. I thought, "Probably half these people don't really care and will leave them behind after the game. After the game i scoured the RBC looking for left behind bobbleheads. I found one. Another person was doing the same and said they found one. 2 out of 10,000 left behind. People love those things. 

Crazy as it is, they do, and it's a sure sale of a bunch of seats, and I don't know why they haven't done in for a while, but they should.

8 minutes ago, remkin said:

Speaking for myself: there is just something about the little buggers. The very first time I had tickets to a game with bobbleheads I was cynical. Why would a full grown man, who has no interest whatsoever in dolls or even toys, and usually just passes by the stuff they're handing out care about a bobblehead? As a result I didn't care that I got there late, and didn't get one. But as I saw them, and people's fascination with them, I wanted one. 

Next time I got one for me and one for my daughter. After that it became about collecting them. I'm not even a collector, yet I wanted to add to my collection. First just on the desk and eventually a shelf full of them.  The more I had, the cooler it seemed to have them. Yet I never do anything with them, hardly even look at them. Yet like having them there. 

I know, I need some help. But it's not just me. One game my brother made us late and I had promised one for my daughter. I thought, "Probably half these people don't really care and will leave them behind after the game. After the game i scoured the RBC looking for left behind bobbleheads. I found one. Another person was doing the same and said they found one. 2 out of 10,000 left behind. People love those things. 

Crazy as it is, they do, and it's a sure sale of a bunch of seats, and I don't know why they haven't done in for a while, but they should.

I have some but have left many behind under the seat. Easy come easy go. I usually just laugh at them as the facial rendition looks nothing like the actual player. I would never guess this is RB if it wasn't for the name plate. Looks more like the guy we traded for him.

Picture 1 of 5

image.jpeg.57c858155f5355a8c47794408513e6f7.jpeg

1 minute ago, slapshot02 said:

I have some but have left many behind under the seat. Easy come easy go.

So it was yours I got!

• Like 2

Unfortunately I feel this team is further behind in the "rebuild" now than we were 3 years ago.  at least we had E. Staal and Skinner on the roster.   I have to say this is my least favorite roster we've ever had.  There just isn't any player to love or watch or have hope from.  Don't even tell me how great Aho is.  7 goals is pathetic for our "leading offensive guy".(not his fault, he should be the #3 guy in scoring on this team not counted on to be #1).    J. Staal seems done with this team or possibly his offensive career. He is  stuck on 5 goals for the last 7 weeks.  TT turned out to be a 15 goal guy at best.  Ferland is cool but how long til the bad mojo wears on him?  other than that it's AHLers.  No number one goalie to get behind.  Defense is supposed to be great but it seems average at best.  Trying to find something to make me love this team on the ice but it is hard.  I will always love and support the Canes but we just keeping taking steps back and not filling the holes properly.  More holes now than there was last year, year before that.  The first 6 games of the year it seemed like maybe it was going to work.  Than reality set in.  

Now the downward spiral of nobody wanting to sign here and teams only wanting our two best players in trades has made it even harder for us to move forward and get better.  TD and DW sure have their work cut out for them. 

17 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I find myself just not liking the guy.  

I'm not there yet. But I'll like him a heluva lot more when he finally spends some money.

Tom, if you're already concerned with how much you're losing, I hope you're keeping a separate accounting of what you consider "investments" in the team. If you are, and it looks like mine, there's a bunch of goose eggs. If you keep it up, you really are PK2--and you make it a lot easier for fans to dislike you.

Edited by top-shelf-1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Danimal38 said:

TT turned out to be a 15 goal guy at best. 

Ummmm, yeah, he scored 23 last year as a set-up guy (41 helpers). Meanwhile, Aho is on a PPG pace. They're both pass-first guys, because that's the Finnish system. Two things are going on: (1) They're missing Ferland, and (2) our coach is too stupid to replace him on their line with Svech.

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I'm not there yet. But I'll like him a heluva lot more when he finally spends some money.

Tom, if you're already concerned with how much you're losing, I hope you're keeping a separate accounting of what you consider "investments" in the team. If you are, and it looks like mine, there's a bunch of goose eggs. If you keep it up, you really are PK2--and you make it a lot easier for fans to dislike you.

States that you cant buy offense talent only defense. Doesn't think you gain assets through RFA/UFA. Looks like he only wants to hit the lottery every year.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

States that you cant buy offense talent only defense. Doesn't think you gain assets through RFA/UFA. Looks like he only wants to hit the lottery every year.

Sounds like a shot at the previous hierarchy taking Fleury over Nylander to me.  It was in the context of the top priority of acquiring offensive speed and skill.

Edited by coastal_caniac
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, legend-1 said:

I wouldn't say he's cool with it, I'd say he's come to terms with it for this season and said his max losses per year that he thought was worth keeping the team was 10 mil.

If he doesn’t give fans a team worth seeing, he’s going to lose more money. That’s why it’s an investment. You spend money up front, and when you turn the team around, make the playoffs regularly, and score 3+ goals a game most of the time (making the games exciting to watch), fans come back, merchandising goes way up and you make money. Also, if Tommy didn’t notice, the expansion fee for Vegas was $500 million. Just over one year after Vegas played their first game, the expansion fee for Seattle is $650 million. That implies that while he may have lost $30 million in the last 2 years, the resale value of his asset has gone up about 30%. And he can write off his losses against his profits from making sub-prime loans to desperate car buyers. He is way too smart not to know that being about the most underfunded team in the league under PK is how the team fell on hard times, so why did he buy the team and stay on that same path?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

He is way too smart not to know that being about the most underfunded team in the league under PK is how the team fell on hard times, so why did he buy the team and stay on that same path?

I'll give him a little more time than a year to make final judgment regarding the path he plans on taking the team.  That being said, it's off to a rocky start with HCRB, GMDW, the salaries offered those positions, Skinner.  I hope he's in touch with the loyal fans and realizes that time is of the essence to show us quality on the ice, road sweater colors be ****ed.

I think the FO committee is trying to find their way. The things I do like about the team are the youth, eventually these guys will grow. RB I read some think he is failing I think he has taken a less proven, less talented roster and gotten more out of it then Peter's did with a more talented roster. 

I dont like the fact they cant find a way to turn an abundance of wealth (Dmen) into a position if need in a scorer. 

All in all its year one of Dundon and his style in a sport he doesn't really seem to be well versed in. He needs to learn what his shirt comings as an owner are and correct them and you cant do that till you have tried and failed 

35 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I heard on XM today that Dundon showed up at the BOG meeting wearing a track suit.  :lol:  He definitely dances to his own drumbeat.  I give him that.

f47819bae0029e92284e95f0a24291cb.gif

• Like 2

For a team weak in goal and weak in offense we managed to prove that by bringing in more blue liners the goal tending and offense isn't much better.  

Typical for the Carolina "Thrashers."

We've managed to take a GM from one of the worst franchises in NHL history make him our own and only manage to prove the new owner that knows little about hockey indeed knows little about hockey.

Edited by one-timer

51 minutes ago, one-timer said:

For a team weak in goal and weak in offense we managed to prove that by bringing in more blue liners the goal tending and offense isn't much better.  

Typical for the Carolina "Thrashers."

We've managed to take a GM from one of the worst franchises in NHL history make him our own and only manage to prove the new owner that knows little about hockey indeed knows little about hockey.

Read up on the Thrashers ownership issues. For the 100th time.

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Read up on the Thrashers ownership issues. For the 100th time.

Why?  

I lived it.  Even before Belkin tried to get out.

I also had season tickets here for 10x+ years.

Shoulda woulda coulda, if only....

The Thrashers were poorly managed coupled with all their other problems.  I don't need to read about it when I know about it.  I wouldn't go to the Cleveland Browns to get my GM either regardless of what the ownership team spent on the experience.

When you remove what Dundon has forced himself, what is better about the game experience since JR parted ways with PK and left?  The DJ?  I don't hang this at the GM's feet, as there is plenty of room around the campfire.  

18 hours ago, Derailed75 said:

I think the FO committee is trying to find their way. The things I do like about the team are the youth, eventually these guys will grow. RB I read some think he is failing I think he has taken a less proven, less talented roster and gotten more out of it then Peter's did with a more talented roster. 

I dont like the fact they cant find a way to turn an abundance of wealth (Dmen) into a position if need in a scorer. 

All in all its year one of Dundon and his style in a sport he doesn't really seem to be well versed in. He needs to learn what his shirt comings as an owner are and correct them and you cant do that till you have tried and failed 

Or you could have hired a GM that knows what he’s doing and get out of his way. Ask Jeff Vinik in Tampa. Oh, and not have the lowest paid coaches in the league, or trade every player looking for a raise. Those things might help.

16 hours ago, cclifford10 said:

If they don't fire Brindy, they get a total "F".

Really dude?  For a guy who owns the best initial coaching record in franchise history...and you want to run him off because of one boneheaded decision on the SO?

4C6781E8-01CE-45F4-B030-5E8AE2CEA0F7.gif

1 hour ago, bluedevilcane said:

Or you could have hired a GM that knows what he’s doing and get out of his way. Ask Jeff Vinik in Tampa. Oh, and not have the lowest paid coaches in the league, or trade every player looking for a raise. Those things might help.

As a Browns fan and sports fan in general I can tell you uber rich guys dont stand back and watch you dont get that kind of money letting people do their jobs. It takes awhile to learn when and where you should place your input or put your foot down. They usually all get it at some point. It took Jimmy Haslam about 6 years to step back and find the right guy. It will happen it's just a matter of how long it take Tom to realize it. As far as the team themselves I will say again we are no worse record wise then last year and we have a team with less talent

We are on an 82 point pace, last year we finished with 83 points. If we have a weaker team, then that's on the committee. We could have had the exact same team plus Svech if we wanted. I agree that it gives Brindy a bit of a pass as far as coaching, but he gives it back in that his fingerprints are all over the Skinner debacle. 

The current parity of the Metro is remarkable. If this keeps up there will be all buyers at the trade deadline. This is part of my frustration if a deal fell through, and that we couldn't get Nylander. 

Ferland and Martinook have been big ups. Hamilton, not so much yet. I and a couple of others here, predicted a big bust out for LIndholm last year. Unfortunately it came a year later, in Calgary. But if we sign Fox we can still win that deal because Ferland is what we needed, and hopefully Dougie settles down on D. 

But right now this team could use even 25 goal Skinner, much less 55 goal, #3 in the NHL Skinner. The committee needs to at least partially fill that hole if this year is to be anything close to what we want.

2 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Really dude?  For a guy who owns the best initial coaching record in franchise history...and you want to run him off because of one boneheaded decision on the SO?

4C6781E8-01CE-45F4-B030-5E8AE2CEA0F7.gif

Yep.  He's costing us points and opportunities.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

Yep.  He's costing us points and opportunities.  

Mongo and Dougie have cost us an exponentially higher amount of points than Rod has...let’s fire them too.  Tell you what, why hasn’t Aho kept up with his season opening streak?  Fire him too!