Poll: How have Waddell and Dundon done so far

Right track wrong track same track  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Vote Waddell and Dundons efforts

• Better than previous
    • Worse
    • Same crap as before

13 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Can we hire the Stars CEO?  Anyone see what he said publicly about Seguin and Ben?

Wish we’d have management like that 

I missed that AWAC what did he say?

Ran off a coach that is having success elsewhere. Traded Lindy and Hanifin for two guys that can't even match Lindy's points. Gave away our leading goal scorer, that is lighting it up, for nothing. Got rid of a GM that drafted our young talent. If their goal was to gut the organization, they have done a great job. I just wonder if Raleigh is in TD's future, and he's laying the ground work for a move. I know that is not a popular observation, but it seems that everything they have done, from the game experience to the product on the ice, has not been done with the fans in mind.

5 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

I wonder if that was right after coastal ripped him a new one on the concourse during intermission, lol?

It was a non-confrontational conversation where I laid out my argument that there appears to not be no plan to move the franchise forward.  :thumbsup:   In his best no trade Ronny voice, the man said a trade will be made if it makes the team better.  I responded that those trades weren't the basis of my concern, it was the moves made so far that has made the team worse. 

There is no plan and I'm convinced of it more now than a month ago when this occurred.  The franchise is forcing itself into another rebuild.

Canes are now the #26 team in points won of available points, being passed by the lowly team that we just lost to. 

This seems to be answering the question of this thread. 

I really think this is not about some stealth plan to move the team, it's about not assembling enough elite and total offensive skill to compete in the toughest hockey league in the world. 

4 minutes ago, remkin said:

Canes are now the #26 team in points won of available points, being passed by the lowly team that we just lost to. 

This seems to be answering the question of this thread. 

I really think this is not about some stealth plan to move the team, it's about not assembling enough elite and total offensive skill to compete in the toughest hockey league in the world. 

That has been the pattern for the last 10 years. You'd think we would get some talent by accident. This organization has shown zero commitment to the fans for a long time. I feel bad for the STH that continue to pour money down this rat hole. This almost looks like a minor league team trying to compete with big leaguers.

• Like 1

I have never started my in depth reading of draft prospects this early. But I'm thinking if I don't do that, or move to Charlotte and start going to Checkers games, I might lose my Canes religion. I know Jack Hughes is the prize, but there are almost always elite players in the top several, and they say this is a good draft year. 

Tanking for Hughes is not worth it, since you only get yourself a 20% chance at that. But then again, the worst you can do finishing last is picking #4, and even without looking, I'm sure there's a really good forward there. 

• Like 1

You guys do realize who it was that increased parking prices, concession prices, and probably fired Ron the Ref?  Thank our current GM...

• Like 1

One good thing about this year is that it has clearly shown that while goalie is obviously a major concern for all teams, just getting a good goalie was not enough. This year's tandem of Mrazek and McE have a save percentage of .912, which has to be the best any tandem of ours has had in a long time. Yet the team still can't win. 

Yes Mongo's numbers still do pull the team save % to bottom third, but still. 

We do need to find a good #1 goalie for sure, but this year should show that it will not be enough to just do that.

1 minute ago, ja1964 said:

I cannot believe that 74.6 percent of the people on this fan board BELIEVE the team is better then previous

Dude, that was back in early October...coming in here and stirring up *edit* won't get you any friends...but it'll get you ridden out of here pretty fast

3 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Dude, that was back in early October...coming in here and stirring up *edit* won't get you any friends...but it'll get you ridden out of here pretty fast

friend go back and watch the Oklahoma and ROLL TIDE GAME

12 hours ago, ja1964 said:

I cannot believe that 74.6 percent of the people on this fan board BELIEVE the team is better then previous

That poll was taken before the season turned to poop. The Calgary trade looked better 6 weeks ago before Lindholm began lighting it up and Dougie showed he is not what we thought we were getting. The team has imploded. Coaching and management hires are starting to look questionable. If a new poll was taken, 74.6 probably falls below 7.46.

5 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

That poll was taken before the season turned to poop. The Calgary trade looked better 6 weeks ago before Lindholm began lighting it up and Dougie showed he is not what we thought we were getting. The team has imploded. Coaching and management hires are starting to look questionable. If a new poll was taken, 74.6 probably falls below 7.46.

New poll might be What rather than How.

Not to keep adding salt to the wound, but it is interesting to see what an effective GM can do in terms of drumming up a trade: https://theathletic.com/741336/2018/12/30/what-trading-brandon-manning-means-for-the-blackhawks-now-and-in-the-future/ (tl;dr Manning got moved to the team where he broke the collar bone of the star, and the 'Hawks picked up a solid bottom 6 player and an NHL ready defenseman currently on loan to Sweden). 

I also follow Chicago, and felt that Manning was going to be one of the many lead-weights that would drag them to the bottom for a while. Now, I'm not saying that this trade "fixed" Chicago, I'm looking at it through the lens of trading Victor Rask. 

On 12/29/2018 at 6:14 PM, bluedevilcane said:

This team just lacks the talent to compete night in and night out. One trade will not fix that (but it could be a start). I absolutely do not trust Don Waddell or Rick Dudley with a rebuild. Or Tom Dundon if he’s making the decisions. Could he admit his mistake and search for a new GM? Our goaltending is adequate. Our defense should be solid. We need playmakers. Another botched move or two will set us back for years. So could we get someone with successful bloodlines in to oversee those moves?

Totally Agree this is blank Show that is worse than last year.  From the Owner down .. just trash.  Hokey (NOT hoCkey)  Sales Job done on all the fans.   They have finally burned me once to often no more season tix for me next year.  This season is basically over.. and many are  finding it hard to even want to go to games.  even if they win one.. they will likely lose 2 or 3 after. Now the genius business guy is going to offer all kinds of tricks and deals and gimmicks cheaper tix cheap ticket packs.. deals on concessions, dunking booth in the parking lot?  .. Can't wait for the next one!   Ack!!   anyway I agree but we will not see what we need.  These guys running the show are clueless... yet again.. or maybe there is a Carolina Curse?   How many years without playoffs before that is a real thing?   have we qualified yet????? The  players seem to do much better when they leave... hmmmmm.

Edited by caryhurricanes
language