The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
coastal_caniac

A Poll

The Future of Skinner and Faulk  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who Comes Back in 2018-19? Lot's of Talk But So Far No Action

Probably no surprise, but I think Skinner is back. I think moving Lindholm makes it very hard to move him, too. The devil you know is better than the one you don't, and even though Mgmt has demonized him, this devil is as likely as anyone they'd get coming back to put up 60 or 70 points, with the right linemates. I also think that if he is not on track for that kind of production by January, they (rightly) shop him ahead of the deadline, when the chatter is lower and deadline frenzy has not yet kicked in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wxray1 said:

Nope.

I think and please understand this feature just appeared with little instruction, that from now on when you start a poll the member starting the poll determines if it is a public or private vote. We will see.  I suppose this is as good a way as any other for us to spend the off-season. Trying to apply a feature we may never use. :cheers:

I took the liberty of going back into the admin edit feature and made this poll public since it seemed that Coastal wanted this option. 

1. Can people see now?

2. If so, Coastal are you good with it?

• Like 1

If that worked, the poll creator can go back and edit their original post that set up the poll. Once in edit mode there are two tabs at the top: content and Poll. Click on the Poll tab and the option can be checked to "make voter names public".

This is also where there is the option to check "Poll only content" if you don't want comments. This can be useful if there is already a thread about the topic, or if you don't want lots of comments about how different people would have done the poll differently. In Poll only mode the creator of the poll can still add comments. Of note, it is the comments, not votes that keep bumping the thread up. So if you create a poll without comments, it will settle down the list over time unless the creator adds some comments to bump it.

I have also made cc's Poll open for public views of who voted for what. Again, I'd like to know if people can see these now? cc, if you don't want your poll to have that feature, you can back and edit it and turn that off as described above.

Works fine now.  Thanks guys!  I know how it is getting stuff in the IT world slammed on you without your knowing.  Believe me, I know.

OK great! Thanks guys for letting me know. I think it's kind of a cool feature. Thanks to OBXer for figuring out how to activate it for members.

I voted neither, As far as Skinner staying, everytime you hear Forsland say " Skinner with the 10 and 2 move " his chances of wearing a different sweater increase.

I vote Skinner to come back. Everything is in place to move Faulk and not miss a beat. Moving Skinner is going to be harder because we will need to replace his scoring. Add to that the fact he showed he could play the right way two years ago and it makes selling low on him less desirable than trying to rehabilitate him. If we find someone offering value on Jeff, then I think both are moved.

I just got back and couldn't post up my thoughts. If it were up to the team, neither would be back. Faulk's the only thing they have full control over, I think the only way Jeff goes is we've missed the playoffs again and we provide him a chance to goto a playoff team to try to get something for him. I wish DW would share what teams he had deals lined up with, I understand the players couldn't be mentioned but if we knew the teams we could deduce if Jeff's saying no for the sake of saying no or not. If we're sending him to Phoenix, well yea who the heck wants that....but the Pens (just rattling off a playoff team) then we'd know he's leaving here middle fingers flying.