The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
wscaniac

Goal Song

7 minutes ago, wscaniac said:

Apologies if this is old news, but has the new goal song been revealed?

Not yet. Last I saw from the Canes was on Tweetmail earlier this month

we're narrowing down the selections to a final 5-10 for a fan vote that should launch before the end of the month.

• Like 1

Well, Mrs. WXray's submission didn't make it.  So, I quit!  This team stinks.  It is going NOWHERE!!!!!!  Good bye forever!

• Like 2

I'm not one of those who is chomping at the bit to remember the Whalers legacy, but i have to say 'Brass Bonanza' is one of the few there that doesn't make me cringe.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind that updated Brass Bonaza played for wins. A little homage without going overboard, but after every goal...nah.

I like Petey Pablo but it's also one of few rap songs I've ever liked. I dunno if it'll go far in the voting. I dunno what I'm voting for, waiting to put my entry in and being told to shove off cause I'm in Akron like CanesVision sometimes does.

I'm not thrilled with the choices either. I went with :The Nights" by Avicii. I thought a little Euro  Electro Techno might make our European boys feel right at home and at least the crowd can join in with the hey, hey chant.

Brass Bonanza for every goal.....I should just stop before I get started on.....

Anyway - Lithium, Raise Up, or Uprising for me.

Edited by coastal_caniac

3 hours ago, wxray1 said:

Well, Mrs. WXray's submission didn't make it.  So, I quit!  This team stinks.  It is going NOWHERE!!!!!!  Good bye forever!

What was the Missus suggestion? Mine wasn't used either.  (Start at either the 30 or 35 second mark for a goal song).

Very underwhelmed by the choices.   I guess it's between Raise Up, Rock And Roll, or Uprising for me.

Edited by LakeLivin

I didn't think I cared much until I heard the finalists. Jump Around or Party Up ? Really? :gunhead:. I think I would pay extra to not hear either of those songs, ever. 

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think any of them are a reason to change. I actually like the current song. I'm sure there's a better one, but not on that list. IMO of course. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LakeLivin said:

What was the Missus suggestion? Mine wasn't used either.  (Start at either the 30 or 35 second mark for a goal song).

Very underwhelmed by the choices.   I guess it's between Raise Up, Rock And Roll, or Uprising for me.

Not a bad suggestion.  Mrs. WXray suggested a little Old School, clean and fun.  "Boom! Shake the Room".  Not overplayed, so I guess it isn't on their list like House of Pain, ya know.

Best time start is 1:45

BTW, I'm a Rock guy at heart, but I can get into this.   I have a pretty broad set of likes.   I would *love* to hear some Bonham via the Zep, but sorry, "Rock and Roll" ain't gonna work for a goal song.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 1

I voted for Brass Bonanza...the rest flat out sucked...at least honor the heritage, and it would annoy the Hartford blowhards too... ;)

5 hours ago, wxray1 said:

Good, take BD58 and CFF with ya, ya ungrateful heathen!  ;)

• Like 3

I voted for “Uprising.

Too many “yeahs” in Lithium. Rock n’Roll is a decent song but not for a goal song.

Been a fan almost since the Whalers inception, but NO to Brass Bonanza.

Party Mix, Raise Up, and Jump around...not my taste in music and they are just bad regardless.

I think these choices are set up to make the selection Brass Bonanza.  Most don't uplift or are too muted for a goal celebration IMO.  Nights could work, but not 2 minutes worth, cut to 30 seconds has potential.

Why don't they rotate it?  We don't need the exact same song every time a goal is scored. But of the list given, the techno Brass Bonanza is the best.  The rest were meh....