The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
wscaniac

Goal Song

2 hours ago, rocheccw said:

Wished they just go back to the original...I mean it had Chewbacca in it, and was voted #1 in goal song in the NHL! 

Good memories!!!

Amen brotha!

Yeah, I get trying to pull folks in with a participation thing, but that old mix is great, and that Blur song ("Song 2") invites shouting in unison. So yeah... let's ditch it. :rolleyes:

I went for "Uprising" too.

Quite frankly, there isn't much to chose from.  And please, not Brass Bonanza.  I've disliked it ever since I first heard it.?

Yeah, Brass Bonanza sounds like a game show theme from the 70's.  But Dundon is enamored with the Whalers so maybe it's rigged (sarchasam).

Edited by coastal_caniac

2 hours ago, legend-1 said:

The best part isn't the song, it's the clusterjam of soundbites. They could still tack all that other stuff onto any song.

They could do that, but still would't be the same I mean song 2 has Woo Hoo in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just won't get any better than the original. Of course the song doesn't matter if we don't score....?

I like the idea of different songs for different situations.  I wouldn't mind this one for empty netters that put the game away.  (If you don't watch The Walking Dead you'd probably have to listen to it a couple times 'cause it can grow on you).

FWIW, I got curious and visited the goal song vote page, and voted again.  It let me.

Sooooo, someone could pile on their song of choice if they so chose to do so.  Early and often, just like in Chicago.

Makes one wonder what the purpose of the vote is for.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, WilmingtonCaniac said:

FWIW, I got curious and visited the goal song vote page, and voted again.  It let me.

Sooooo, someone could pile on their song of choice if they so chose to do so.  Early and often, just like in Chicago.

Makes one wonder what the purpose of the vote is for.

:letssee:

Makes me think of a story. We all worked in an elongated oval area. The nurses at one end, the docs at the other. The nurses had the thermostat at their end. A colleague of mine became notorious for complaining about the temperature and the lack of control at our end. Finally, engineering came and installed a thermostat in our end and the complaining stopped as my colleague could now adjust the thermostat.  A long time later a guy from engineering told me that the new thermostat was never connected to anything and had no effect on the temperature. 

So maybe the 'voting' is just to make us feel a part of it. Not saying it is, just maybe.  

3 hours ago, remkin said:

So maybe the 'voting' is just to make us feel a part of it. Not saying it is, just maybe.  

Sounds like a conspiracy theory. I like it! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, remkin said:

Makes me think of a story. We all worked in an elongated oval area. The nurses at one end, the docs at the other. The nurses had the thermostat at their end. A colleague of mine became notorious for complaining about the temperature and the lack of control at our end. Finally, engineering came and installed a thermostat in our end and the complaining stopped as my colleague could now adjust the thermostat.  A long time later a guy from engineering told me that the new thermostat was never connected to anything and had no effect on the temperature. 

I literally laughed out loud when I read this!  I work for the engineering side of a similar setting.  You'd be amazed at how often our equipment is doing all it can do and we reply with the, "We've made some adjustments and you should feel something soon".  "Oh yes, we already do.  Thank you!" is quite often the response.

The placebo effect works both ways -  

As for the goal song, I didn't really care for any of them.  (Kind of like DJ Scratchy, or whoever he is)  Whatever is chosen I sure hope we hear it A LOT.

Not to further the conspiracy, but I noticed on my latest email to vote that the wording says your vote will HELP us decide the goal song, not that the song with the most votes wins. Tricky. 

Just so long as we retire "The Nights" it is an improvement.  I will always consider that the Candy Canes theme.

Song 2 was the best, I just don't get why we ever got rid of it.

• Like 1

Mike Forman cleared up the voting totals discrepancy noted by Rem...according to Forman on the Sec 328 podcast, the fan vote will count for about a third of the decision. The remaining two-thirds will be the marketing staff, as well as Dundon/DW's input.

5 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Sounds like voting in Russia.

Indeed. Sounds like Vladimir Dundon gets at least 51% of the votes.

20 hours ago, remkin said:

Indeed. Sounds like Vladimir Dundon gets at least 51% of the votes.

If I spent 550M or whatever crazy number...I'd have 51% of the vote too!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rocheccw said:

But would you trick the fans into thinking they really had a say?

I'm getting a bit carried away though. Let Dundon The Committee pick the goal song. I don't really care who picks it, just what they don't pick. 

6 hours ago, rocheccw said:

5 hours ago, remkin said:

But would you trick the fans into thinking they really had a say?

Both of these, really.  If i ever have that kind of money to buy a hockey franchise then blast it, i'm picking the freaking goal song.  No voting!  So when you guys go to a game and after the first goal, they play 'Du Hast' by Rammstein, just smile and nod because you'll know i may have come into money.  And then when i change my mind 2 weeks later and they break into 'Pyretta Blaze' by Type O Negative after a goal, that's me too, tough noogies to all of you (is 'alla yas' the correct spelling?), buy your own team if you want to pick the song, wham biff pow take that so there...

30 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Both of these, really.  If i ever have that kind of money to buy a hockey franchise then blast it, i'm picking the freaking goal song.  No voting!  So when you guys go to a game and after the first goal, they play 'Du Hast' by Rammstein, just smile and nod because you'll know i may have come into money.  And then when i change my mind 2 weeks later and they break into 'Pyretta Blaze' by Type O Negative after a goal, that's me too, tough noogies to all of you (is 'alla yas' the correct spelling?), buy your own team if you want to pick the song, wham biff pow take that so there...

Easy pass on the second one, but I like the first one much better than any of the current choices.  Start at about the 17 sec mark.  To me, a driving drum beat is the perfect lead in for a goal song.  (That was one of the reasons behind my Kongos suggestion)

Edited by LakeLivin

I like the 40 second mark of Feuer Frei! I like the siren in the background kind of continues the goal horn. 

I for one welcome our Bonanza overlords.

On 8/7/2018 at 7:50 PM, LakeLivin said:

What was the Missus suggestion? Mine wasn't used either.  (Start at either the 30 or 35 second mark for a goal song).

Very underwhelmed by the choices.   I guess it's between Raise Up, Rock And Roll, or Uprising for me.

Woooodddaa thunk you were a lock for Brass B.