The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
wscaniac

Goal Song

On 8/8/2018 at 10:21 AM, rocheccw said:

Wished they just go back to the original...I mean it had Chewbacca in it, and was voted #1 in goal song in the NHL! 

Good memories!!!

Yabbba Dabbba Doo!

On 8/8/2018 at 10:21 AM, rocheccw said:

Wished they just go back to the original...I mean it had Chewbacca in it, and was voted #1 in goal song in the NHL! 

Good memories!!!

Yup...Yup...Yup.

On 8/8/2018 at 6:30 PM, WilmingtonCaniac said:

FWIW, I got curious and visited the goal song vote page, and voted again.  It let me.

Sooooo, someone could pile on their song of choice if they so chose to do so.  Early and often, just like in Chicago.

Makes one wonder what the purpose of the vote is for.

Russians everywhere.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2018 at 1:53 PM, coastal_caniac said:

Yeah, Brass Bonanza sounds like a game show theme from the 70's.  But Dundon is enamored with the Whalers so maybe it's rigged (sarchasam).

Ownership has certain privileges.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:49 AM, canesfan06 said:

Mike Forman cleared up the voting totals discrepancy noted by Rem...according to Forman on the Sec 328 podcast, the fan vote will count for about a third of the decision. The remaining two-thirds will be the marketing staff, as well as Dundon/DW's input.

In other words, Dundon will decide. Well, he does own the team.

Not a fan of any of them. If it is Raise Up I can envision a certain % of the fan base taking off their shirts and twirling them like helicopters. Not pretty. I think I'll just keep my earplugs in and turn up the radio and listen to Chuck K's analysis of the goal. Oh wait.......

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Not a fan of any of them. If it is Raise Up I can envision a certain % of the fan base taking off their shirts and twirling them like helicopters. Not pretty. I think I'll just keep my earplugs in and turn up the radio and listen to Chuck K's analysis of the goal. Oh wait.......

Does that include young ladies?  If that's the case, I may have to rethink my choice. :P

57 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Does that include young ladies?  If that's the case, I may have to rethink my choice. :P

HMMMM, just put in another vote.

16 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Two words on leaving a decision completely to the internet, though:

Boaty McBoatface  :blink:

Yeah but it is a sub so no one see's it. Doesn't matter what the name is. Sorta like our new stealth fighters. You can't see em even if you are right next to em.

Photo issued by the University of Southampton of the Autosub long range submersible named Boaty McBoatface.

and our new fighters.... beautiful aren't they.image.jpeg.403d244a74806d54d589500c0e880243.jpeg

1 hour ago, slapshot02 said:

Yeah but it is a sub so no one see's it. Doesn't matter what the name is. Sorta like our new stealth fighters. You can't see em even if you are right next to em.

Photo issued by the University of Southampton of the Autosub long range submersible named Boaty McBoatface.

and our new fighters.... beautiful aren't they.image.jpeg.403d244a74806d54d589500c0e880243.jpeg

True, a submersible ended up with the name, but only after they changed the rules.  They were actually voting on the 423 ft long state of the art UK [or is it England?  maybe Great Britain? geez, it's so complicated!] research vessel shown below.  Once Boaty won they punked out, named the boat the Sir David Attenborough, and named the submersible Boaty McBoatface, presumably in order to placate the masses.   I wonder if TD does something similar if his ultimate goal song choice is different from the popular vote?

ff55d290d95c9f57fd64843e3125a9115987322a

Edited by LakeLivin

On 8/11/2018 at 1:17 PM, slapshot02 said:

Depending on the genetic makeup of the twirlers, might be interesting .

We should have gone for more scoring in the off season.

Edited by winger52

14 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

What is the deal ?  I was under the impression that the goal song reveal was going to be  posted last night !

The other two thirds of the decision makers have decided on another song not listed.

18 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

What is the deal ?  I was under the impression that the goal song reveal was going to be  posted last night !

Only thing I saw was when voting closed. I haven't seen a release date for naming the song

21 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

Michael Smith has the answer (sort of)

The votes have been tallied, and now we're preparing for an announcement within the next week.

1 hour ago, OBXer said:

Michael Smith said: The votes have been tallied, and now we're preparing for an announcement within the next week.

Oy. I guess they have to line up security and a rain date.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, remkin said:

N/O did a consensus piece with lots of people commenting on each choice. Some of the comments are pretty funny.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article216304605.html

I went right to the comments section and just saw a bunch of spam someone was selling.  :)

Ohhh!!!  You mean the interviewed comments, not public comments.  Got it.

3 hours ago, wxray1 said:

I went right to the comments section and just saw a bunch of spam someone was selling.  :)

Ohhh!!!  You mean the interviewed comments, not public comments.  Got it.

Good point. I forgot about people commenting on the article. Yeah the comments by the panel. 

ie:

Brass Bonanza (techno remix)

David Menconi, N&O music critic: "Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass unavailable?"

If you're going to include lyrics as part of the goal song I think you've got to take them into account as well.  E.g., do you want your goal song to start out "Been a long time since I rock and roll"?  Doesn't that have a negative connotation, i.e., you hadn't scored in a while?

On the flip side, the lyrics of "Come With Me Now" start "Woah, come with me now. I'm gonna take you down. Woah, come with me now,  I'm gonna show you how."  Perfect words for a goal song.  Don't know why I'm bothering to highlight that since it's not even on the list, lol.  Maybe I'm subconsciously hoping TD reads our boards and will have an epiphany?  Yeah, that's the ticket! :P

Given the choices, I hope they take the advice of the guy in the article and go with multiple songs used(not rotated, but used for different situations).  That way they can include whatever the (less than ideal) fan vote winner is but we won't have to be subjected to it for what I hope is a lot of goals this season.