The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
wscaniac

Goal Song

4 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

On the flip side, the lyrics of "Come With Me Now" start "Woah, come with me now. I'm gonna take you down. Woah, come with me now,  I'm gonna show you how."  Perfect words for a goal song.  Don't know why I'm bothering to highlight that since it's not even on the list, lol.  Maybe I'm subconsciously hoping TD reads our boards and will have an epiphany?  Yeah, that's the ticket! :P

Somewhere I read that TD was quoted as saying: "Accordions are the spawn of the devil."   :razz:

10 hours ago, wxray1 said:

Somewhere I read that TD was quoted as saying: "Accordions are the spawn of the devil."   :razz:

Yosh Shmenge of the Happy Wanderers would be rolling over in his grave.

On 8/17/2018 at 7:38 AM, legend-1 said:

I'm hoping that since this is just Spectrum and why would they care to report on this (so thus their wrong) but they claim it's down to the Bonanza and Petey Pablo. 

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/nc/triangle-sandhills/news/2018/08/14/carolina-hurricanes-holds-fan-vote-for-new-goal-song

If this is true and the ownership is dumb enough to pick the Bonanza, the return for Skinner would (sadly) make sense.

1 hour ago, caniac-1-1 said:

It would be interesting to see the owner publicly read the lyrics of the entire song.

If he did, I think he would get Papa John’d...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coastal_caniac said:

Raise Up it is.

I don't care.  It isn't Bass Bronanza.

I thought you were a fisherman? 

Edited by top-shelf-1

Not my fav.  Oh well.  <sarchasm>Nice to have a song with mf and n bombs in it.</sarchasm>    Oh well.  I'm old.

Then again, I'm the guy who got yelled at for posting a youtube with f and s bombs, so maybe I should just shut up.  :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Well, this is part of the wholesale changes we were promised. Lock stock and barrel...all the way down to the tunes.

Yep.  Gotta say this song is about as diametrically opposed to Avicii as possible.  

Poetry slam!

I'm of Polish descent and me and my family refer to ourselves in words I can't put here.  So, I get what Petey is doing by using some words.  But man...  Tough lyrics.

Ultimately, the little section they use is fine.  I just wonder about the families who come home to their kid's asking Alexa to play it (like I did).  Yikes!  Mom may blush a bit.

• Like 1