The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
wscaniac

Goal Song

Yes.  Have not talked to anyone that likes that song.  It is ****.  I hated the old song but come on canes.  Do better.  Don’t promote this gutter trash just because it says Carolina.  Omg lol.  Hey must want people taking shirts off too.    Talk about looking like a trash org.  So disappointed.  

Dundon will make you so tired of winning you’ll be begging ‘Tom, please stop. We’re exhausted from winning and singing/dancing Raise Up 5 times each game. We can’t handle all the winning.’

• Like 1

OK.  I'll take up the challenge.  On the 20th game it is played 5 or 6 times, I'll rip off my shirt and helicopter it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, raleighcaniac said:

Everyone will be thrilled if it’s played 5-6 times each game.  

No.  First, that would be a .500 season and another year of missing the playoffs, and second, it would be very petty for all the other teams to troll us by playing the song when they score.

13 hours ago, cc said:

They will get a call from me tomorrow. This violates their own code of conduct. If they use this song in the arena or as support for this team I will ask for my money back. It’s digustingly offensive. I ain’t about your age. I am a STM since 2002

I agree...this shows a serious lack in judgement.

It appears that the sandpaper and grit thing is not just for the team.

I don't hate it.  It's not that candy cane theme anymore.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, caniac-1-1 said:

No.  First, that would be a .500 season and another year of missing the playoffs, and second, it would be very petty for all the other teams to troll us by playing the song when they score.

If the song that everyone will come to appreciate is being played 5-6 times a game and the Canes are only a 500 team it will mean our Goaltending situation is grim beyond belief. FYI each team has their own goal scoring routine and won’t change. Visit a few rinks and you’ll agree. 

Agree with Hags that this team needs to adopt some abrasiveness and if even a meaningless goal scoring song pushes the team in that direction, good. Be honest and you’ll agree the Canes strike zero physical fear into any team they have played since Scottie Walker retired. 

3 hours ago, raleighcaniac said:

Everyone will be thrilled if it’s played 5-6 times each game.  

Right? This could have won and it wouldn't have mattered.

The truck is Carolina Blue...

They had a vote online...on social media.  What age group is most active on these platforms?  Can anybody really be surprised that "Rock Around the Clock" wasn't the vote winner?

• Like 6

19 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Well I think that's the last few holdouts who Dundon hadn't done anything to **** off lol.

And neither they - nor their "GET OFF MY LAWN" ethos - will be missed.

1 hour ago, super_dave_1 said:

They had a vote online...on social media.  What age group is most active on these platforms?  Can anybody really be surprised that "Rock Around the Clock" wasn't the vote winner?

Clearly, yes.

Funny how the very people who complain about the lack of fan support are ready to cancel their ticket plans over a few bars of music. I wonder if they'd be so opposed if a song containing explicit lyrics - by a musician of similar background to their own - had been chosen. 

• Like 1

Serious question here - have 'goal songs' always been a thing?  Throughout my childhood of going to games in 4 different leagues, i have no recollection whatsoever of a 'goal song'.  I'm not even sure i remember the IceCaps having such a thing - it wasn't until the Hurricanes came to Raleigh that i remember any hockey team use a specific song after goals.