Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Trade- Jeff Skinner to Buffalo

Recommended Posts

Just tuning in this morning to news of the Skinner trade. Best of luck, Jeff--but now you're a Slug, and that leaves us but one option: Hating you.

 

Will read the other reactions now--and laugh hilariously at those who've been haters all along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

I mentioned once before that Dundon only saw Skinner for one year and it wasn't good on the eyes for Dundon. He got to see some pouting and at times lack of effort. It was enough for Dundon to feel he was part of the problem with not contributing 100%. I still wanted one more year of Skins with better talent on his line. It will be interesting to see where he slots with Buffalo as they lack talent as well. 

 

I would have thought they'd keep him over trading him for some scratch offs and a PowerBall ticket, but, not so much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cclifford10 said:

Skinner is a GREAT shooter, but is not otherwise a good hockey player.  If he was, we would have received a better return 

Or, my assertion yesterday was correct: Ronnie lowered his value purposely with where he was played last season, precisely so that we could unload him for not much, since we'll have all these other contracts to pay for over the next couple of years.

 

I'll really enjoy watching you and Kyrule twist yourselves into pretzels, ccliff, trying to explain how Skinner the "not good hockey player" (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) manages to light us up every time he and Eichel come to town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, caneswincup said:

Last I checked, you need guys who score goals and/or goalies that don’t leak like a sieve. We don’t have either at the moment.

I agree, I wanted more fire power not less. Counting on the Rooks to catch lightning in a bottle is not a Vegas bet I would entertain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, surfzone365 said:

Let’s step back from the ledge and show Skins some empathy for a moment. How would you like to be told you’re getting banished to Buffalo? ?

Except that he had to okay it. I think he's happy to get a fresh start and the chance to build something with one of the best players in hockey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, legend-1 said:

He had to approve it so I don't think he minded. It's a few hours from his home town.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see another shoe drop, sending Skinny to the Leafs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

And I wouldn't be surprised to see another shoe drop, sending Skinny to the Leafs.

If that happened the top 9 would be killer and not a bad 4th either. Look out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, caneswincup said:

Everyone still believe I’m totally off base about new ownership? He is making things as unappealing as possible, to help persuade the league to move the team to Houston sooner rather than later. 

If we'll cut a deal like this for Skinner, I think we'll be happy with an aggie shooter, a Mario Mendoza rookie card, and a length of string for Justin Faulk. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Or, my assertion yesterday was correct: Ronnie lowered his value purposely with where he was played last season, precisely so that we could unload him for not much, since we'll have all these other contracts to pay for over the next couple of years.

 

I'll really enjoy watching you and Kyrule twist yourselves into pretzels, ccliff, trying to explain how Skinner the "not good hockey player" (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) manages to light us up every time he and Eichel come to town.

Yeah, putting him with Eichel and Okposo will help his talents a little more than being handcuffed to Doc. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand this trade deadline type of trade before the season even starts...about the time the Canes get true NHL level depth...they do this??? Thank goodness I'm a Pens fan!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this move had CRB’s hands all over it. The message is clear: if you are not willing or able to be a responsible 2 way hockey player then you have no future with this franchise. Since Faulk fits into the irresponsible category I expect him to be next on the block. I just hope we get a better return than a Mario Mendoza autographed card....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope RB turns out to be the sheriff in town that doesnt allow sand bagging..( IMO) Teams that go far in the playoffs have players that sacrifice and play a two-way game.. Not saying Skinner can or can not play a two-way game... Just hoping the Sheriff knows best....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PamlicoPuck said:

I hope RB turns out to be the sheriff in town that doesnt allow sand bagging..( IMO) Teams that go far in the playoffs have players that sacrifice and play a two-way game.. Not saying Skinner can or can not play a two-way game... Just hoping the Sheriff knows best....

 

Past history from his playing days would lead you to believe Brindy will be a no excuse coach that expects every player to give their best each night. But in a recent interview Brindy said he didn't care if the team won 9-8 or 2-1 as long as they won. I think the days of defensive responsibility first and always at the expense of scoring are over except perhaps in Calgary.

 

That doesn't mean IMO a team that is all O and no D but a more balanced attack with an emphasis on scoring. Of course until we see the team skate we really don't know what Brindy has in mind. Well, except winning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OBXer said:

 

Past history from his playing days would lead you to believe Brindy will be a no excuse coach that expects every player to give their best each night. But in a recent interview Brindy said he didn't care if the team won 9-8 or 2-1 as long as they won. I think the days of defensive responsibility first and always at the expense of scoring are over except perhaps in Calgary.

 

That doesn't mean IMO a team that is all O and no D but a more balanced attack with an emphasis on scoring. Of course until we see the team skate we really don't know what Brindy has in mind. Well, except winning!

Hoping for 2-1 wins equates to having very good goal tending....cough.....cough

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slapshot02 said:

If that happened the top 9 would be killer and not a bad 4th either. Look out!

Will they be able to accommodate all those contracts under cap even with some cap increase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OBXer said:

I think the days of defensive responsibility first and always at the expense of scoring are over except perhaps in Calgary.

 

 

I'm not even sure about Calgary anymore - they did trade for No-D Hanifin after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this team is going to be a very different team that we have seen.

 

Like everyone, I am concerned that we will be losing goals when we trade Skinner.   However, I don't see us scoring the same types of goals this season as we have been.  I don't think we are going to be cycling the puck endlessly on the boards hoping to win a shot after 30 seconds of play.  I would be surprised if it looks like that.  So what goals players are going to score in this new system is a big "who knows".

 

Vegas got everyone to turn it over playing strong D and scored on the rush so often it made your head spin.  They might have had a couple of natural goal scorers but every player on that team posted career highs by a wide margin.  Why?   You don't have to be a sniper when you have numbers on the rush.

 

All I know is that when it's time to move on, you get the best you can and move on.  If the politburo decided Skinner needed to go to Siberia, then cool, Welcome to Buffalo, hope you enjoy 22 hours a day in the salt mines.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hag65 said:

I think this team is going to be a very different team that we have seen.

 

Like everyone, I am concerned that we will be losing goals when we trade Skinner.   However, I don't see us scoring the same types of goals this season as we have been.  I don't think we are going to be cycling the puck endlessly on the boards hoping to win a shot after 30 seconds of play.  I would be surprised if it looks like that.  So what goals players are going to score in this new system is a big "who knows".

 

Vegas got everyone to turn it over playing strong D and scored on the rush so often it made your head spin.  They might have had a couple of natural goal scorers but every player on that team posted career highs by a wide margin.  Why?   You don't have to be a sniper when you have numbers on the rush.

 

All I know is that when it's time to move on, you get the best you can and move on.  If the politburo decided Skinner needed to go to Siberia, then cool, Welcome to Buffalo, hope you enjoy 22 hours a day in the salt mines.

 

Skinner will be eating more Buffalo wings than he ever has had before. Zykov has ordered his Kevlar jacket for parking in front of the net. image.jpeg.889406d719e6ff5d928bd759f9e6cdb8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

The season ended then he put up 6 points in 8 games in the Calder Cup Playoffs?

 

Ok guys.  Necas, Zykov, and Svech will now carry the load and take us to the promised lands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

 

Ok guys.  Necas, Zykov, and Svech will now carry the load and take us to the promised lands.

 

Give it a rest.  We know how you feel without having to post it.  Where is the news guy?  Something about water...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...