The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cupkrazy

Battle Of The Badges

I was actually thinking about going. Are concession stands open? I saw where the money was for charity and since its free admission and parking...i guessed that was the only thing left? Im also guessing its a sit where ya want kind of thing...like practices?

I was actually thinking about going. Are concession stands open? I saw where the money was for charity and since its free admission and parking...i guessed that was the only thing left? Im also guessing its a sit where ya want kind of thing...like practices?

Good question Nash. I just called the RBC Center and asked. They said one concession stand (I assume Hardeeys) one BBQ, and one dipping dart stand will be open. And yea its a sit where ya want on the first level. I think the 2nd and 3rd level will be closed off.

I might go. Just depends on a couple things. I've also got Skate with the Canes that last till 3pm, then I'll have to drive my nephew back to Clayton then drive myself home to Raleigh. Also depends on what time the boyfriend heads back to Charlotte.

I heard it was alot of fun last year, with the coaches throwing things at each other. And well with Williams and LaRose as the 2 coaches again, it should be quite amusing. :lol:

I might go. Just depends on a couple things. I've also got Skate with the Canes that last till 3pm, then I'll have to drive my nephew back to Clayton then drive myself home to Raleigh. Also depends on what time the boyfriend heads back to Charlotte.

I heard it was alot of fun last year, with the coaches throwing things at each other. And well with Williams and LaRose as the 2 coaches again, it should be quite amusing. :lol:

Please come. The money goes to a great cause! :)

Yep sure was alot of fun, this is the type of thing that ALOT more people should get involved in!!They had a nice turnout,had to actually open up a few more sections to hold all the fans. Its just too bad that some of the people in the crowd (some leatherneck fans) got a little to drunk, loud and obnoxious!!

But overall it was a great time!!!Way to go BLUE-LINERS!!!!

Yep sure was alot of fun, this is the type of thing that ALOT more people should get involved in!!They had a nice turnout,had to actually open up a few more sections to hold all the fans. Its just too bad that some of the people in the crowd (some leatherneck fans) got a little to drunk, loud and obnoxious!!

But overall it was a great time!!!Way to go BLUE-LINERS!!!!

So you noticed it too? One lady was so drunk she dropped her beer and a minute or two later had another one in her hand. You would think with all the BADGES there people would be a little less rowdy.

So you noticed it too? One lady was so drunk she dropped her beer and a minute or two later had another one in her hand. You would think with all the BADGES there people would be a little less rowdy.

I was there supporting my brother Leatherheads and I did indulge a little. The good thing is I didnt drop my $9.00 beer!

I was there supporting my brother Leatherheads and I did indulge a little. The good thing is I didnt drop my $9.00 beer!

The indulging part is great,,its the ones whom over-indulged that caused the problems. From what i have heard they are thinking about either canceling the games with the firemen or they are thinking about having police at the games to keep people in line! That would just be crazy that it would have to come to that for a charity game.

IT'S THE WHOLE "BAD APPLE" SCENERIO!!!

The indulging part is great,,its the ones whom over-indulged that caused the problems. From what i have heard they are thinking about either canceling the games with the firemen or they are thinking about having police at the games to keep people in line! That would just be crazy that it would have to come to that for a charity game.

IT'S THE WHOLE "BAD APPLE" SCENERIO!!!

I saw several police officers there in uniform and quite a few of them were in normal clothes but had on their badge because the guy who won the CH signed stick let me look at it and I said not to worry because there is a cop over there and he raised his sweatshirt and said there is one right here too which we got a laugh out of.

I saw several police officers there in uniform and quite a few of them were in normal clothes but had on their badge because the guy who won the CH signed stick let me look at it and I said not to worry because there is a cop over there and he raised his sweatshirt and said there is one right here too which we got a laugh out of.

We FF dont just go around and flash our sigh of authority ;) . I understand that some of the guys were not on there best behavior but, it is kinda like the Canes playing the Slugs or Tarholes and Wolfpack. The main thing is over $12,000 raised for a good cause.