The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
remkin

Traverse City 2018: Sept 7-11, Stacked Forwards

5 minutes ago, Kyrule said:

Canes win!

Blues looked they were rigid, trying to play a system. Canes looked much more dynamic/loose/skilled, and just played.

Yeah they were just having fun. First half of first period they were tentative but settled right in as soon as they scored. Helvig increasingly looks like the real deal, at this stage of development anyways.  

Good to see some hockey.  A talented group of forwards.  D is a good pair, and some guys picked up at the bus station.  Helvig looked good. Seemed to stay settled and play his game.  Bench positioning made for interesting line changes

Edited by super_dave_1

4 hours ago, remkin said:

It'll be interesting to see how or if they get the back up goalie in.

The backup is a camp invitee.  I doubt he's in unless something goes sideways

Edited by super_dave_1

5 hours ago, Kyrule said:

Wow, not sure how that went in. Cross ice pass from Svechnikov, thought Kuokkanen put it in.

I’m not going crazy/blind, the goal was changed to Kuokkanen. Which is good since it means it was a sweet pass from Svechnikov and not a fluky redirection off a defenseman.

7 hours ago, Kyrule said:

I’m not going crazy/blind, the goal was changed to Kuokkanen. Which is good since it means it was a sweet pass from Svechnikov and not a fluky redirection off a defenseman.

Yes, the highlight video changed it to Kuok.

In any case, the Blues clearly had their hands full when Svech was on the ice.  This is a very promising thing!

Yes, 1-0 Canes.

Our Rent-a-Center defense is a little more apparent so far. Game has been a little chippy. Blackhawks player threw a nasty elbow that could have caused serious damage to #89, thankfully it mostly missed.

That was rough. Geekie and Svechnikov impressed, as did Helvig. Other than that, suckage. Necas hasn’t impressed me at all yet, my biggest disappointment so far.

I’m using the fox sports app.

Edited by SuckaPunchd