The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
SuckaPunchd

2018/19 Training Camp & Preseason

1 hour ago, Caniac514 said:

Lineup

Zykov-Wallmark-Svechnikov

Brind'Amour said that the top prospects deserve to play with good players to show what they can do. The top 6 really suggest that Wallmark is getting a good look playing between Svech and Zykov. Guys on the bottom two lines probably have to really have a breakout to impress enough to stick for more than a few more days.

And who are those guys on the bottom pair? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, remkin said:

And who are those guys on the bottom pair?

It seems to me I have read or heard something about Cajkovsky, but can't recall now where or what exactly.

The other one - I have no clue...

Agree on Wallmark, especially with Rask's absence. An NHL guy has him as 4C. But Necas 2C and J 3C? What do you think?

Renouf went undrafted and was signed by the Red Wings in 2016. He played mostly for the Grand Rapids Griffins in the AHL. He was not offered a qualifying offer and became a free agent. The Canes signed him to a one-year deal. Has pretty good size. He is 24 years old. 

Cajkovsky has played in the KHL for the last two years and is here on a PTO.  Big, physical d-man. He is Slovakian.

As a note the Canes had to get special permission from the NHL for tonight’s game because our roster is short one veteran player.

Tampa is fielding it’s veteran team, this could get ugly. Hopefully the tables are turned tomorrow. 

Mrazek and Ned being thrown to the wolves...

26 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

It seems to me I have read or heard something about Cajkovsky, but can't recall now where or what exactly.

The other one - I have no clue...

Agree on Wallmark, especially with Rask's absence. An NHL guy has him as 4C. But Necas 2C and J 3C? What do you think?

I think it's a fair concern, especially this year. We need 3 guys who have not played NHL center for any significant period of time to handle the responsibilities of center, and in Aho's case not fall off offensively. I have tremendous expectations for Necas, and Aho has done it at a high level in Worlds and world juniors, but we need him to it at a very high NHL level as top 6 center and not drop offensively, and Necas is a rookie. Wallmark is my least concern because he's a good two way player and we just need him to at least start on the 4th line, and anything from our 4C would be an improvement. 

I really do think all 3 of them can do it, but we're going to need them to. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kyrule said:

Renouf went undrafted and was signed by the Red Wings in 2016. He played mostly for the Grand Rapids Griffins in the AHL. He was not offered a qualifying offer and became a free agent. The Canes signed him to a one-year deal. Has pretty good size. He is 24 years old. 

Cajkovsky has played in the KHL for the last two years and is here on a PTO.  Big, physical d-man. He is Slovakian.

As a note the Canes had to get special permission from the NHL for tonight’s game because our roster is short one veteran player.

Tampa is fielding it’s veteran team, this could get ugly. Hopefully the tables are turned tomorrow. 

Mrazek and Ned being thrown to the wolves...

Thanks Kyrule. I guess I had heard of Cajovsky. Yeah, looks like a substantial mismatch. But what an upset it could be!

4 hours ago, Caniac514 said:

"We need to get [Mrazek] going, ..." Brind'Amour said.

Aiming him as #1?

He's the guy I want to take the reins. If Darling shows no signs of a turn around I can see Neds as possibly taking the No.2 slot. I'd like to see the Mrazek in the video below. He doesn't do a lot of flopping and can be positioned well  when he is on his game. Scott if you like the nice things you need to elevate the play. They can be taken away as fast as you bought them.

image.png.21c8ba9dd95d6c3193ba52d89915deb9.png

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

He's the guy I want to take the reins. If Darling shows no signs of a turn around I can see Neds as possibly taking the No.2 slot. I'd like to see the Mrazek in the video below. He doesn't do a lot of flopping and can be positioned well  when he is on his game. Scott if you like the nice things you need to elevate the play. They can be taken away as fast as you bought them.

image.png.21c8ba9dd95d6c3193ba52d89915deb9.png

I too have a great dane.

Snapshot from left circle from a Russian I have never heard from and we are up 1-0.  Supposedly he isn't even under contract.

8 minutes ago, hag65 said:

Snapshot from left circle from a Russian I have never heard from and we are up 1-0.  Supposedly he isn't even under contract.

Correction, Slovak?

Čajkovský

My internet connection is too slow for live video. :(   Stuck with listening to Forslund and Tripp on The Fan, better than nothing (and so far better than Chuck, imo).

Sounds like McKegg is trying to get noticed.  He's one that has gotten completely overlooked given our more flashy prospects.

• Like 1