The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
SuckaPunchd

2018/19 Training Camp & Preseason

42 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'm was impressed most by the hustle and the speed the Canes are showing, even with the prospect squad.  Playing physical, attacking the net, moving the puck around without standing around.  They are just playing.

Agreed. Especially with a skate in Raleigh this am and then the flight to Tampa. 

46 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Anyone know if NHL.tv shows preseason, cant find it on line and those jerks never answer the customer service number. Shows no streams available on both Roku, app, and pc

Yes they are showing preseason games, just not all. I’m watching Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh and Chicago vs. Columbus while listening to the Canes game. Lots of other games on...but not the Canes ?.

A bit weird seeing Ward and Skinner in different uniforms.

Svech just got his first goal as Digi was wide open in front of the net and passed it to wide open Svech for the goal.  That will be a nice highlight if it is avail after the game.

It's 4-1.  TB scored a PP goal at some point, their PP is amazing.

Hustle  !  That is what i saw from a majority of the canes tonight .  Pure Hustle  !    That is what I love  to see .  Once the season starts don't ever put your foot on the breaks !

Edited by Canesfanforever

4 hours ago, remkin said:

Tampa is fielding it’s veteran team, this could get ugly.

4 hours ago, remkin said:

But what an upset it could be!

Good call, Rem! :)

Is it Tampa playing that lousy or our boys are up to the challenge?

2 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Hustle  !  That is what i saw from a majority of the canes tonight .  Pure Hustle  !    That is what I love  to see .  Once the season starts don't ever take your foot off the breaks !

Umm . . . you mean off the gas? :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

Good call, Rem! :)

Is it Tampa playing that lousy or our boys are up to the challenge?

Really bummed I didn't get to see it, but thanks for the updates on here. Really sounded good. Peters couldn't get guys to the net for the life of him. It will be very interesting to see if the more vet squad keeps it up tomorrow. 

As Owen Wilson says, “Wow!”

Looking at the lineup I wasn’t expecting to lose, but I was not filled with much confidence either looking at Tampa’s lineup. They dominated! Has me very optimistic for Coach Rod. Once again, in “Rod We Trust”. :P 

It it was nice to get a Hurricanes win and some actual hockey for my Birthday.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings. It’ll be interesting to see if the young guys continue to push the veterans, and what the response of the other half of camp responds.

Edited by SuckaPunchd

33 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Thanks. I thought as much. He looks even faster and quicker so far.  Also looks a little leaner?

I posted a week or two ago that Fleury said his offseason goal was to decrease body fat % and to lose weight in general. 

He is 15 pounds lighter than last year. Forslund said he looked quicker as well, gets up to speed faster, better first step. 

2 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

Once the season starts don't ever take your foot off the breaks !

or... the gas??

Edit: Lake... I shoulda known!

Edited by top-shelf-1

Late to the party, but got to hear the game. Svech is going to be special, and it sounded like Geekie and Bean might have a bit chemistry after playing together at TriCities down the stretch and playoffs. And let's not forget: WE GOT GOALTENDING!!

8 hours ago, OBXer said:

Very refreshing to watch after all those years of Peters player shackled hockey system.

Less powerpoint presentations and more play.