The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rpope4

TEN duplin wine locations?

I thought when I first heard about the wine that they were only going to be sold at Harris Teeters. We've got two here in Greenville, and we stopped at the first and they only had one bottle of it left, then the other was completely sold out. The managers didn't think they'd be getting any more in either location. So we called around and found out that the Harris Teeter in Rocky Mount had a ton of it and so took the 45 min drive up there and bought a bunch. That was back in December, so not sure how much they'd have still.

Ironically, on the way back we stopped to get gas and I found bottles at the gas station. Since then we've found the bottles pretty much anywhere you can think of - except Harris Teeter, which has never gotten any more in. Many for only $7.99 instead of the regular $10.99 price, too.

So it's worth checking any place that might sell wine. Almost every place will sell Duplin wines since they are "local", and if they do they'll have the Ten bottles.

We had a bottle for Christmas dinner, and it is a very good wine. A sweet fruity red wine. I don't usually go for red wines but I really liked it.

Have you already tried the wine? If you like sweet red wine, you will probably like it.

I used it for mulled wine this holiday. I'm looking at trying it as the red base wine for sangria.

I abhor red sweet wines, but will abuse them in the above mentioned recipes.

Have you already tried the wine? If you like sweet red wine, you will probably like it.

Can anyone post a total "flavor profile" on TEN? As a wine geek since 1990 and (dare I say it again? ;) ) the owner of a wine shop eight miles north of Disneyland, I'd be interested in reading about a write-up about TEN's aromas, flavors, body, and finish.

Jan/GSBG