The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cc

Philly Mascot Fail

Gritty seems to be the talk of the hockey world. I can't imagine why. For me Gritty looks like a pumpkin that was left on the porch after Halloween and grew fur.

• Like 3

Rumor is the lovely Philly fans started a go fund me to euthanize it.  Just a rumor though.  Another description might be Mountain Man on Meth.

2 hours ago, OBXer said:

Gritty seems to be the talk of the hockey world. I can't imagine why. For me Gritty looks like a pumpkin that was left on the porch after Halloween and grew fur.

And thereafter became possessed. :o

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, remkin said:

That thing is going to haunt a lot of kid's dreams. 

Well they live in philly. Lots worse nightmare stuff there unfortunately.

And so ends - forever, apparently - the era of Mr. Snider. Thanks for bringing hockey into my life, Ed. Too bad the organization's heirs entirely lack your class.

13 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

I watched the video and was in tears laughing.  Tommy Hawk and the fans are having a frustrating season. In keeping up with the happenings back in Chicago, don't be surprised if that isn't the only incident. But hey, Johnny Teows, Duncan Keith, and Brent Seabrook are getting paid mega-bucks $$$ to under-perform.

11 hours ago, surfzone365 said:

I watched the video and was in tears laughing.  Tommy Hawk and the fans are having a frustrating season. In keeping up with the happenings back in Chicago, don't be surprised if that isn't the only incident. But hey, Johnny Teows, Duncan Keith, and Brent Seabrook are getting paid mega-bucks $$$ to under-perform.

I’m loving every minute of the Western Evil Empire’s futility...and hoping the other Evil Empire joins them there soon

11 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

I’m loving every minute of the Western Evil Empire’s futility...and hoping the other Evil Empire joins them there soon

I remember as a kid watching them get their doors blown off by the Minnesota North Stars, Detroit Red Wings and Edmonton Oilers. I think those days are back for the foreseeable future. However, I believe they are in full “tank” mode. I guess it’s better to languish for a while and speed up the chances of getting  some top picks than to die a slow death through mediocrity (see Red Wings) with false hopes at “one last run”. I believe LA is right there with them, and Pittsburgh isn’t too far behind.  You can also add the Rangers to that category.  

Edited by surfzone365
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, surfzone365 said:

and Pittsburgh isn’t too far behind.

Apparently they don't think so, what with extending JR.  He's the go-to guy when you want to sell of everything for another year or two of glory, not the guy you want to rebuild with.  If they truly go into a rebuild with him at the helm, i think we'll all be able to forget about the Pens for a while.  I do think they're on their way to that, but not for another couple years - as  much as i hate to say it, you know they're going to make a run pretty soon here and go deep in the playoffs.  I'd giggle if they didn't, though.

8 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

Apparently they don't think so, what with extending JR.  He's the go-to guy when you want to sell of everything for another year or two of glory, not the guy you want to rebuild with.  If they truly go into a rebuild with him at the helm, i think we'll all be able to forget about the Pens for a while.  I do think they're on their way to that, but not for another couple years - as  much as i hate to say it, you know they're going to make a run pretty soon here and go deep in the playoffs.  I'd giggle if they didn't, though.

We’ll see. Winning a couple Cups seems to keep the rose-colored glasses on when it really isn’t so rosy. Both Chicago (in 2016-17) and LA (2015-16) want with that “all-in” “sacrifice the future for now” to buy an extra year or two. It’s really not a bad concept if your core is still solid. Those chances don’t present themselves too often. I think Pittsburgh is probably going to follow suit being one year removed from their last cup. They are mediocre and I think their best days are behind them. I don’t blame them from a competitive perspective from throwing all the chips in the middle of the table at this point.

As far as I can tell, the East is between Tampa and Washington 😐

Edited by surfzone365