The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canesfanforever

Real Questions about Defense

TVR   was not  that great last night   and neither was Mrazek .   could this be preseason jitters  before the season  or are they going to be the canes worse players this coming season ?

To many times i saw TVR   let guys skate past him  and   catch him off guard .   I hope it's nothing but right now if i were to say if there were any weakest links on the team TVR  is  it .    I wonder how many games Fleury  will get cause he  did  look some what good  out there in the past few games .   

Edited by Canesfanforever

TVR and Pesce were paired last night if I heard the radio correct. This would indicate one of them was on their offside, my guess would be TVR. If he was, that could explain last nights mistakes.

Forslund said they wanted to see how TVR would do on his off-side. I don't think he was as bad as the OP apparently does. 19:28, -1, one takeaway and two blocked shots.

As for "letting guys skate past him," as long as there's a forward covering, that's the D-man's job in the neutral zone: challenge the rush to throw a wrench in it early.