The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

:omg:

50 minutes ago

Micheal Ferland on the ice for practice, as are Haydn Fleury and Jake Bean, recalled yesterday. No Justin Faulk (upper body), Calvin de Haan (upper body) or Jaccob Slavin.

44 minutes ago

Faulk, de Haan, Slavin not at practice. Ferland on the ice at RCI. Fleury, Bean in the mix and Wallmark helping out on D today.

I'm going to guess or maybe that is more hope that Slaving is just a maintenance day or some other non-injury reason.

So if Faulk and deHann can't go tomorrow do we move Pesce back to the right side maybe with Slavin? Fluery and Bean are both left shots so that might make sense. Maybe someone will post the practice pairs.

Good teams find a way to fight through adversity. I would think these injuries will be a real test.

For those wondering why McKeown didn't get a call up he is day to day with an injury. I'm not saying he would of been called up but the injury surely made him not an option.

Thanks to CanesCountry for tweeting the practice lines and pairs

I ear that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, legend-1 said:

Wonder if it's Wallmarks turn to ride the pine.

That was the first thought  when I saw the practice lines. Hard to say.

3 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Mid-way through the season the Canes started showing Brindy's post game locker room excitement on their Twitter. I dunno if it always ends with, but mostly ends with Brindy telling the boys to finish strong with their post game workout.

I want to say he started the post game work out when the guys weren't reaching their potential before Christmas through the season, but I don't know.

3 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Yeah, the word was "back spasms". And I'll bet quite a few engage in post game workouts, if for no other reason than to decrease lactic acidosis, the cause of post exercise stress

Legend,  I think Kjun is probably right. I met the Pesce's duribg Chase Bass's Make-a-Wish and Brett's dad took us downstairs the next night to see if Brett could get Jeff to come out to see Chase again. Brett said Jeff had just went into the weight room and he couldn't get him on the phone.

4 hours ago, OBXer said:

I'm going to guess or maybe that is more hope that Slaving is just a maintenance day or some other non-injury reason.

I think he got a day off.

All magic beans among the contenders are accounted for and we are in WC2 position.  We have 1 magic bean against WAS and MTL and are even with CBJ and PIT.  

It looks as if we are going to need 96-97 points to get in the playoffs.  We have 19 games left.  If we get 24 points in those 19 games, we will be at 97.  We can do it!

3 hours ago, ironman87 said:

All magic beans among the contenders are accounted for and we are in WC2 position.  We have 1 magic bean against WAS and MTL and are even with CBJ and PIT.  

It looks as if we are going to need 96-97 points to get in the playoffs.  We have 19 games left.  If we get 24 points in those 19 games, we will be at 97.  We can do it!

So a .666 winning percentage assures we get in.

:rockon: WORKS FOR ME!! :rockon:

• Like 4

Seriously, though, the way this team is rolling now I expect them to make games like tonight look easy. Maybe I'll be disappointed, but their whole on-ice presence suggests to me that the adrenaline of winning a lot has kicked in, and I plan to enjoy the ride. 

Edited by top-shelf-1
  • Like 3

Thinking about the game last night, and the Surge afterwards, a thought came to mind. Kept hearing from Brind'Amour that was unsure how Evander Holyfield was with them last PM. I thought, particularly with that fight that involved Svech and Martinook vs I forget who, that maybe the Canes should put Holyfield on the payroll for a period to coach sparring lessons? Thoughts?

Schwartz was fined for last night’s cross-check on Hamilton. 

Edmonton is spanking Columbus in Columbus 4-0 with 15 to go in the third.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Canes06cup17 said:

Now we have to take care of our part. Go Canes! 

Yes. Winning is greatly preferable to relying on other teams losses. That said, thanks Edmonton. 

• Like 2