The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

In-Season 2018-2019

Basically zero losing streaks and we are in. Forget about the loss the second you are off the ice.

Edited by Derailed75
  • Like 1

I hate calling games must wins because they’re all those IMO. That said, we’re playing Boston on a night when all the teams bunched with us are playing Ottawa, LA, Florida, and New Jersey. You have to think 3 of those 4 games go to the teams we are fighting with for those last spots.

We are far from having must wins at this point.  Going .500 from here on out gets us to 95 points.  We just need to be even keeled and have some faith, we ain't gonna go 17-0, we are gonna lose some.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sleekfeeder said:

Slugs are toast.

Kind of ironic given the euphoria in Buffalo early in the season with Skinner scoring goals left and right versus the doom and gloom hereuntil New Year’s Eve. Now, everything is totally reversed. In spite of all the goals, I wonder if Skinner is a net negative for Buffalo. Apparently their fans don’t think so. Recently read a blog on Hockey Buzz bemoaning the fact that Stone’s new deal in Vegas might drive up the cost of re-signing Skinner north of $9 million x 8 years, but hoping they could get him for $8.75 million. It will be interesting to see if Sabres’ management is wiling to pay that much to keep him, or if internally, perhaps they see some of whatever caused Rod and Canes management to sour on him.

15 minutes ago, caneswincup said:

I hate calling games must wins because they’re all those IMO. That said, we’re playing Boston on a night when all the teams bunched with us are playing Ottawa, LA, Florida, and New Jersey. You have to think 3 of those 4 games go to the teams we are fighting with for those last spots.

Time for (another) statement game from the Canes.

1 hour ago, hag65 said:

We are far from having must wins at this point.  Going .500 from here on out gets us to 95 points.  We just need to be even keeled and have some faith, we ain't gonna go 17-0, we are gonna lose some.

So true, the months of Jan and Feb gave us some breathing room. Dont let up but a loss is a loss, forget it and move on

Just now, gocanes0506 said:

Everyone wins but us.

still third but tied with Pitt

What I was afraid of. At least we fought and got a point. I honestly feel this year, it will go right down to the wire for more than two teams.

8 hours ago, caneswincup said:

it will go right down to the wire for more than two teams.

This is not news. The fact we are in it at all is a miracle.

10 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Everyone wins but us.

still third but tied with Pitt. 2 points up on CLB.

Montreal also ended up winning last night, which was to be expected vs. Kings.

Four team enter. One team leave. (In Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, improper grammer voice)

Perhaps I should translate. The Canes, Pitt, CLB, and MTL are all battling for 3 playoff spots. One GOOD hockey team will be left out in the cold this year.

Edited by sleekfeeder

36 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

Four team enter. One team leave. (In Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, improper grammer voice)

Perhaps I should translate. The Canes, Pitt, CLB, and MTL are all battling for 3 playoff spots. One GOOD hockey team will be left out in the cold this year.

Shouldn't that be "Four team enter. Three team leave."?  :)

54 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

It won't be this.  A surprise will happen.  Like the Isle will fall or something (already been happening).  It is never as it appears with this many games left, someone is going to falter, everyone can't win.

Stay the course.  Thousand points of light.  Stay the course.  

One other aside.  How many times have we been in the chase position, see someone we are chasing playing a team who hasn't lost in 6 weeks, then what do they do, scratch out a point even in a loss?   We were that frustrating team last night for a change.

• Like 1

Scoreboard watching :shock:

one game tonight to keep an eye on

Caps at Flyers

Although I hate the thought of the Flyers creeping back into the race they are 7 pts behind us. Washington is only 4 pts in front of us. With the Flyers still in our rear view mirror and the Caps and second place in our headlights I'm a Flyer fan tonight. :bag:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

Shouldn't that be "Four team enter. Three team leave."?  :)

Yes! You got it though.

Edited by sleekfeeder

out of the next 13 games this month   how many of them do you all see the canes winning   or losing  or  walking away with an  Overtime loss ?   cause right now  they are still 3rd  in the metro  but they are barely hanging on with pittsburgh   with the same amount of points  and columbus is not that far behind with only 77 points .   montreal  also holds 79 points   and they could be a factor if it came down to a wild card spot if that ends up happening .   The canes really need  to separate themselves from the rest of the pack and i dont know if they can do it honestly  for the next 3 weeks  they have arguably the  toughest schedule   among the metro  teams in the hunt for a playoff spot .  the blue jackets  , the penguins are tough games also but not enough to slow them down .  the canes have  colorado and buffalo   who are  going to  still give the canes a tough time   where as world beater teams like tampa or washington would have no problem dealing with .   it all depends on how the canes split  between washington and pittsburgh  , but i would say   given who the canes have  here is my take ,  i hope we could win out all the games  and get 26 points but i know it's not possible .   

the canes split   with the preds and  jets   1 loss  and 1 win  not sure who  though  we win or lose against ,   win against the aves  ,  loss  to blue jackets  and loss to buffalo ,   win against pitts  ,  lose against lightning   , win against wild  ,  win  against habs  , split with the caps  , win against  flyers  , loss to pitts .   so maybe  13 or 14  or 15   points   this month ?   

Edited by Canesfanforever

who do we root for in that b2b, pitt or bjs, god, i just KNOW its coming down to final weekend, we have worked too hard to not get in, maybe i should go back to church :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dinz said:

who do we root for in that b2b, pitt or bjs, god, i just KNOW its coming down to final weekend, we have worked too hard to not get in, maybe i should go back to church :)

I would say Pittsburgh.  If Pitt wins both out right then it keeps Columbus back in the pack. Potentially allowing us to get some distance from the 9th spot.

• Like 2